PDA

View Full Version : Stupidest Person in History

Bill Murphy
01-20-2005, 05:46 PM
""It's the soup of the day. It's very popular," said Frank Ball, director of Minnesota's Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Division. But, he said, "It's not gin rummy. It's not 500. It's not hearts. Those are all games of skill. This is a random game, and it's a gamble." "

This is from the "Poker Craze Runs Into State Laws" story on Yahoo(I can't find the thread on it here anymore).

This is the opening salvo of the court case we need to eventually get online poker and NYC clubs legalized.

BTW the way I heard some people played gin it certainly wasn't a random game; I defo agree w/hearts being a game of skill; and I can't for the life of me remember who the world champion of 500 is.

And if poker's not a game of skill, why do the same five guys make it to the final table of the WSOP every year?:D

John Deere
01-20-2005, 06:00 PM
I thought the same exact thing when I read that quote at the end of the article. What a total idiot.

M2d
01-20-2005, 07:05 PM
what the heck is 500?

coffeecrazy1
01-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Let's face it, is there anyone on this forum who would not be the first to invite Senor Jackass to sit with them at their table, and proceed to prove that it's a skill game?

__Q__
01-20-2005, 07:21 PM
I read this quote too. The problem that I have isn't so much that he says poker its gambling. Its that he compares it to those other card games. Both poker and Gin Rummy have a shuffle and a deal. Its this element that causes the randomness in both games. Its an identical element. This is a very simple concept. I would understand if this was somebody's grandma, but its this guys job to understand this kind of stuff. Anyway, that's the part that pisses me off.

Ed Miller
01-21-2005, 12:39 AM
I thought the same exact thing when I read that quote at the end of the article. What a total idiot.

I doubt he's an idiot more than he is simply covering his ass. He wants to see poker busted, so he positions the game such that it is illegal. To be illegal in MN, apparently it must not be a game of skill. Thus, according to him, it isn't a game of skill.

I'm not defending him or the laws of MN. I'm just explaining what I think is going on.

realwtf
01-21-2005, 01:54 AM
What 5 guys made it to the final table every year at the WSOP?

daryn
01-21-2005, 01:55 AM
joke ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jok)

n.
Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.

A mischievous trick; a prank.

An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

Informal.
Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.

An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

nolanfan34
01-21-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
joke ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jok)

n.
Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.

A mischievous trick; a prank.

An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

Informal.
Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.

An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have this macroed so you can insert it at a moment's notice, don't you? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daryn
01-21-2005, 02:04 AM
it has kinda become my thing /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Michael Davis
01-21-2005, 03:19 PM
There was a retard on my bus in elementary school who wouldn't even have been able to read this. He was more stupid.

-Michael

mostsmooth
01-21-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what the heck is 500?

[/ QUOTE ]
500 rummy

Paul2432
01-22-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the opening salvo of the court case we need to eventually get online poker and NYC clubs legalized.

[/ QUOTE ]

On-line poker is already legal.

Paul