PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Poker Superstars Invitational?

Vee Quiva
01-20-2005, 04:43 PM
What happened to this tournament. I think I saw two rounds on TV. I never understood the concept. Did I miss the final round?

Wake up CALL
01-20-2005, 04:46 PM
It is in week two, I suppose in seven more weeks we'll see the final round and see the winner crowned. The exciting part will be after the cameras are removed and they all sit around in a circle and divy up the Dane's buy-in.

wray
01-20-2005, 04:46 PM
If you missed it then I missed it as well. I watched it every Sunday night. Then all the sudden one Sunday they started showing the AC tourney. I thought I heard that something would start back up in February.

pindawg
01-20-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm watching the 2nd episode as I write this on FSN

Bill Murphy
01-20-2005, 05:09 PM
The first two rounds have been shown previously. Apparently, the results from them were used to set starting chip counts for the final table, which will be shown Super Bowl weekend some time.

AngryCola
01-20-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first two rounds have been shown previously. Apparently, the results from them were used to set starting chip counts for the final table, which will be shown Super Bowl weekend some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct.

detroitplayer
01-20-2005, 08:22 PM
The people who planned this are pure marketing geniuses.

They air all these episodes months ago with hardly a clear cut explanation of WHAT-exactly-TF was going on... then they simply start running re-runs, which is even more confusing (not to me, but for your average viewer)... and plan to run the final episode on the day of the Super Bowl...???

What mental midget planned this? I can understand wanting to have the final table on a specific day... so then start the series later instead of having an unexplained/unexpected break of more than a month.

Voltron87
01-20-2005, 08:34 PM
They really need to explain the sucession of episodes better. They do a good job explaining the chip placements/ final round, but they need a title for each episode: "Round I, Ep. 2", "Round II, Ep. 1", "Final round, Ep. 1" and so on.

Kevmath
01-20-2005, 10:16 PM
They do straighten it out for Poker Superstars Invitational II, where they churn out over 30 weekly episodes.

Kevin...

illab
01-20-2005, 11:56 PM
If someone made a torrent to download these episodes they would be the coolest person if the world. Anyone?

cwsiggy
01-21-2005, 12:36 AM
I have all of them - I don't know how to make a torrent - am I not cool????

duma
01-21-2005, 12:47 AM
there are tons of torrents already out there. i have every WSOP 2004 episode, every superstars invitations ep, and am currently working to get every WPT show. i would suggest going to places like yotoshi and tvtorrents.tv (google search for it) if u cant find it pm me cause tvtorrents has to dodge the feds alot so they move urls constantly.