PDA

View Full Version : Playing multiple tables

04-12-2002, 01:57 PM
I have been playing 2 tables for the last while at Paradise, and have noticed that my win rate in $ per hour is up, but per table is down. It's just impossible (for me) to catch everything that's going on at both tables, so I don't notice the playing styles of specific opponents as much. Plus the stupid mistake factor;

1) Folded AA pre-flop. I was about to click on fold on screen 1 when screen 2 popped up with the selection boxes and my AA. Since then I have learned to offset the screens a bit so the boxes don't line up.

2) Folded a full house post flop. BB I have 2-6 and click the check/fold box and move to the other screen. When the first screen pops up again I see the small blind has bet the flop and I click fold, then I notice the flop was 2-6-6. DOH!

I certainly would rather make $15 at two tables than $10 at one, but I'm curious if anyone who plays multiple tables has managed to keep up their win rate, and if so, how do they do it?

04-12-2002, 02:24 PM
I too play two tables at once. You do lose some of the ability to monitor players tendencies. One of the advantages to playing two tables is it helps me from playing marginal (or sub-marginal) hands, since you get to see so many. One big disadvantage is if you are in two hands simultaneously- it is very difficult to make the optimum decisions.

04-12-2002, 03:56 PM
You shouldn't use the check-boxes except when there has already been a bet and you intend to fold.

-MD

04-12-2002, 04:35 PM
I play on UltimateBet. There one can play up to three tables(some say four) on the same screen. With no switching back and fourth ,and the ability to moniter all the tables together ,it works well for me.

04-12-2002, 04:47 PM
How is this done?? THanks for the reply

04-12-2002, 05:29 PM
Have you tried moving one screen off center to the left and the other off center to the right?

This way the check boxes are never in the same place,

04-12-2002, 07:05 PM
Flats,

to answer your question UB has a miniview screen selection. It reduces the table to a very small horizontal slice of the screen. You no longer get the "feel" of being at a table per se, but it does enable you to see every bet, all the table chat and act in turn quite easily.

Jimbo

04-12-2002, 09:33 PM
Here's a screenshot of my entire desktop. At 1024x768 you can offset two windows so the buttons won't be near each other. This example is from Americas Card Room, but PP windows offset nicely also.