PDA

View Full Version : TT=bad post

jomatty
01-20-2005, 03:50 PM
this is a fairly simple circumstance that these online tournaments where you often have high blinds relative to you stack size seems to make difficult for me.
I have TT on the button and around 8k.the blinds are 200-400. UTG opens for 1350 and its folded to me.
i just got moved to this table and have no read on player.
what is your default play here. there are about 100 out of 600 players left and he has me covered. 60 places play.
seems like a simple situation but if i raise it has to be all in or in any case im commited. calling seems resonable but it will be a difficult hand to play unless i flop aset.
the average chip count is around 5500 so im not really shortstacked but at the same time am shortstacked enough to limit my options.
comments appreciated
matty

KingMedicine
01-20-2005, 03:58 PM
default (for me) is easy fold. no reason to play this hand with a decent chip stack. better spots will be coming. if you felt like you MUST play this hand, i'd cold call and hope for a 9 high ragged flop (unlikely) and take a shot at it. otherwise, no sense in playing this difficult-to-play hand against someone who can end your night.

eMarkM
01-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Seems like an easy call to me. I don't like raising here and have the guy push. Folding TT on the button to one player is too weak-tight. Yeah, it can be tough to play after the flop, but you'll have position that should help compensate. if it comes 9 high and he bets the pot, yeah, you have a tough choice. But the preflop call is pretty standard.

slickpoppa
01-20-2005, 04:05 PM
I agree. I think you should call here. There is a good chance that he has two overcards and will miss the flop. Since you have position, you will able to get a read on him after the flop and get a sense if the flop hit him. If he makes a weak beat or checks into a ragged flop, then your TT is probably good.

back2good1
01-20-2005, 04:06 PM
I fold in that position. With no reads and a raise more than 3x the bb... that is just out of range for my type play.

-Back2good1

ZootMurph
01-20-2005, 04:15 PM
It depends on UTG's chip count for me. If he has under 4k chips, I put him all in. If he has over 4k but doesn't have me covered, I call and look at the flop. If he has me covered, I fold and wait to get reads and a better situation.

woodguy
01-20-2005, 04:41 PM
What is UTG's stack size?

Very important for determining how to play this.

Regards,
Woodguy

ddss6_99
01-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Ok so say you just call and the flop comes with only one over card xxK or xxQ how do you go from there? I'm assuming you'd have to judge based on the strength your opponent shows after the flop, but it's a tough spot that I have trouble with.

slickpoppa
01-20-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he has me covered

[/ QUOTE ]

MLG
01-20-2005, 05:09 PM
If he makes a moderate bet, 1/3 to 2/3 the pot I'll call and play the turn.

woodguy
01-20-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he has me covered

[/ QUOTE ]

First day with the new tinfoil hat, my reception isn't dialed in yet. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Since I have position I would flat call.

If I were in the blinds I would re-raise to define his hand and proceed from there. (if re-raised I would fold, if flat called I'm firing 1/2-2/3 pot sized bet on any flop including flops w/ a T)

Its tough to say what I would do after the flop on a flat call because his bet size and flop texture have everything to do with how I would proceed. (and its a pain in the ass to list all of the possible variables there-in)

Basically I would look for weakness on a ragged or 1 broadway flop, etc, etc.

Regards,
Woodguy

schwza
01-20-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I were in the blinds I would re-raise to define his hand and proceed from there. (if re-raised I would fold, if flat called I'm firing 1/2-2/3 pot sized bet on any flop including flops w/ a T)

[/ QUOTE ]

villain makes it 1350, hero only has 8k in stack. no way to reraise without committing.

woodguy
01-20-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
villain makes it 1350, hero only has 8k in stack. no way to reraise without committing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again...foilhat is brand new...

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Woodguy