PDA

View Full Version : Who would win in a fight?

Jake (The Snake)
01-20-2005, 02:58 PM
My friends and I debated these three questions for a while. I think #1 is the most interesting. #2 isn't really a good question, as I originally overestimated the size of a T-rex. Anyway, feel free to add your own.

(No weapons allowed, except the tank gets its standard weaponry.)

Who would win in a fight to the death?

#1.

A man with no legs vs.
A man with no arms.

#2.

A Tyrannosaurus Rex vs.
A U.S. Army tank.

#3.

Steve Irwin vs.
A komodo dragon.

I'll add my analysis if the thread gets going.

Shajen
01-20-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My friends and I debated these three questions for a while. I think #1 is the most interesting. #2 isn't really a good question, as I originally overestimated the size of a T-rex. Anyway, feel free to add your own.

#1.

A man with no legs vs.
A man with no arms.

#2.

A Tyrannosaurus Rex vs.
A U.S. Army tank.

#3.

Steve Irwin vs.
A komodo dragon.

I'll add my analysis if the thread gets going.

[/ QUOTE ]

In scenario number one: neither have any training in any type of fighting? If not, leverage kills, the guy with no arms stomps the shizzz out of the legless man.

In scenario 2, the tank. The T-Rex is just an animal. One Incendiary shell through the chest area and it's down for the count.

In scenario 3, (Assuming he's unarmed) Steve Irwin is toast. Komotos (from watching them on his show) are walking bacteria farms. One bite and he's most likely dying. Plus, they got that big bad-assed tail to bitch-slap him with. Dragon in 30 minutes.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-20-2005, 03:04 PM
1) The man with no arms wins. He's much more mobile and can kick the man with no legs - assuming no wheelchair and a flat playing field, his head will be at near-perfect kicking height.

2) The tank.

3) Komodo Dragon. Steve Irwin may be able to out wrestle and maybe pin it, but he has no means of killing it without a weapon. The dragon could kill the idiot with its natural weapons.

PhatTBoll
01-20-2005, 03:09 PM
#1. The guy with no arms wins. If neither of them is equipped, I don't see how you could even debate this.

#2. Tank, obviously

#3. It depends on whether the komodo knows it's in a fight. Steve can hunt down a komodo, sneak up behind it, and kill it somehow. If they were pitted against each other in a ring though, it would be interesting. Also, the bacteria doesn't kill you right away, guys. It means little in a fight to the death.

stabn
01-20-2005, 03:12 PM
legs
tank
komodo

Jake (The Snake)
01-20-2005, 03:13 PM
The likely answers I hear to these 3 are man with no arms, tank, and komodo dragon. Perhaps I just like to argue, but I have been able to come up with responses to all 3, only one of which I think I actually truly agree with (#1).

#1.

While it's certainly possible the man with no arms will just stomp the legless guy to death, I think the legless man would stand more than a fighting chance. And yes, in this fight, I mean no wheelchair allowed.

First of all, I know a man with no legs. He, and I'd imagine the majority of people with no legs who don't use wheelchairs, is incredible strong. A few kicks is not going to knock him out.

Now, here is the way he wins: grab the other guy's legs when he kicks. If he does this, he wins. All he would have to do is climb or knock him down or punch the guy in the nuts. Once they engage in close combat, there is simply no way for the man with no arms to fight back.

I used to think a t-rex was much bigger than it actually was and it would be able to withstand the tank bullets. Then it would just be able to toss the tank around. I guess not.

I think Steve Irwin would have an outside chance if he were able to punch the thing in the eye a few times. This would be the key. Also, humans of course get that extra power when fighting for their lives so this must be considered. The poison and the tail would be a big problem though.

lucas9000
01-20-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

#1.

A man with no legs vs.
A man with no arms.

[/ QUOTE ]

man with no arms and it's not close.

[ QUOTE ]
#2.

A Tyrannosaurus Rex vs.
A U.S. Army tank.

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming the tank is run by professionals, the tank and it's not close.

[ QUOTE ]
#3.

Steve Irwin vs.
A komodo dragon.

[/ QUOTE ]

if irwin has no kind of weapons, and the dragon is a fully grown healthy specimen, the dragon...and it's not even close.

sorry about the "it's not even close" remarks...i am lame.

CrazyEyez
01-20-2005, 03:18 PM
Armless would get the sh!t kicked out of him, literally. I really don't think this fight would be close at all.

Unless the T-rex was the size of Vermont, I really don't think size would matter. Tank wins easily.

Irwin. Those dragons aren't very agile, I don't think. All the Spaz has to do is mount that sucker from behind like he does his crocodile b!tches. Although I guess I don't really know what he does at that point to "win" the fight. Sleeper hold? Is this a fight to the death?

ThaSaltCracka
01-20-2005, 03:19 PM
these are all pretty obvious, but I just wanted to add, if Steve Irwin faught a Komodo dragon and was bit by it, he would die. Apparently aside from having strong jaws and sharp teeth, the Komodo dragons are also quite potty mouths. Their mouths are filled with a bunch of sick bacteria and such. Basically they kill at will in Indonesia.

ThaSaltCracka
01-20-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Irwin. Those dragons aren't very agile, I don't think

[/ QUOTE ] wrong, those fuc[/b]kers are fast and agile.

Shajen
01-20-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

#3. It depends on whether the komodo knows it's in a fight. Steve can hunt down a komodo, sneak up behind it, and kill it somehow. If they were pitted against each other in a ring though, it would be interesting. Also, the bacteria doesn't kill you right away, guys. It means little in a fight to the death.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point originally was that Irwin probably couldn't kill the dragon ever. The dragon would only have to bite him once and he's dead....it just may take a few days.

Jake (The Snake)
01-20-2005, 03:31 PM
who do you think would win #1?

ThaSaltCracka
01-20-2005, 03:32 PM
the man with legs.

also, the Tank destroys the T-Rex

Shajen
01-20-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the man with legs.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what if the T-Rex is named Ditka?

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-20-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the man with legs.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what if the T-Rex is named Ditka?

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh man. Now it's a whole new game.

CrazyEyez
01-20-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok I stand corrected. But crocs are pretty agile as well, and he doesn't have much trouble wrapping up one of them. I would think he could choke the dragon to death at that point. Is a Komodo that much more fierce an opponent than a croc?

Shajen
01-20-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok I stand corrected. But crocs are pretty agile as well, and he doesn't have much trouble wrapping up one of them. I would think he could choke the dragon to death at that point. Is a Komodo that much more fierce an opponent than a croc?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the water, I think the croc wins. On land? That croc is toast man. Komodos are also very good swimmers, so I may be giving the crocs too much respect. Actually, now that I think of it, a croc and a komodo of equal size, I'm betting on the Komodo.

mmbt0ne
01-20-2005, 03:55 PM
I was gonna make some smartass comment about Irwin winning since a Komodo dragon couldn't even take out Sharon Stone's husband, but then I read this.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
The Komodo dragon, the world's largest living lizard, can kill you so many ways it just isn't fair. It can bring down livestock with its tail, fell a 1,000-pound water buffalo with the septic bacteria dispensed in its bite, swallow the calf of a delivering goat whole and eat the mother if it's particularly hungry, hold a boar in place with its grappling hook claws and rip its flesh away with its serrated teeth, or, on rare occasions, just have a salad and a small club soda with lime.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Full article here (http://www.post-gazette.com/columnists/20010620gene0620fnp1.asp)

ThaSaltCracka
01-20-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But crocs are pretty agile as well, and he doesn't have much trouble wrapping up one of them.

[/ QUOTE ] on land all you need to be able to do is outrun a crock for a short period of time. You can also walk up behind fairly easily. Think about, crocs and aligators basically have to their whole body around, Komodos don't really have to.

http://www.merriewood.com/exindo/komodo18.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Komodo (kuh MOH doh) dragon is the largest living lizard. It grows to more than 10 feet (3 meters) long and can weigh as much as 365 pounds (165 kilograms). This giant lizard inhabits the tropical island of Komodo and a few other islands of Indonesia.
Komodo dragons

Komodo dragons are Indonesian lizards. They resemble legendary dragons and may grow to be over 10 feet (3 meters) long.

Komodo dragons have scaly bodies with long necks, strong claws, and sharp, sawlike teeth. They frequently eat meat that they scavenge. Their forked tongues have an organ of smell that helps them detect rotting animals several miles or kilometers away. Dragons are also effective predators. They have enough speed and strength to overpower deer, wild pigs, and even water buffaloes. Their saliva contains bacteria that can kill wounded prey in a few days. Dragons have killed a small number of people

[/ QUOTE ]

mmbt0ne
01-20-2005, 03:57 PM
I win the informative post race!

ThaSaltCracka
01-20-2005, 03:58 PM
I have a picture, so mine is better. You know the rules.

mmbt0ne
01-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Fu[/b]ck. You win, you always do.

ThaSaltCracka
01-20-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fu[/b]ck. You win, you always do.

[/ QUOTE ]you add a pic and you win, I mean you had a link, albeit a link to some article about Sharon Stones husband. Go google and look at this beast, there is some cool shi[/b]t.

jakethebake
01-20-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Komodo (kuh MOH doh) dragon is the largest living lizard. It grows to more than 10 feet (3 meters) long and can weigh as much as 365 pounds (165 kilograms).

[/ QUOTE ]
You realize saltwater crocs are MUCH larger than this? They go like 2,000 pounds. Think about it.

mmbt0ne
01-20-2005, 04:11 PM
The whole reason I googled it was for that guy. Oh well, here's some pics.

http://www.informatik.uni-augsburg.de/lehrstuehle/info3/research/komodo/komodoOpfer.jpg

http://www.ms-starship.com/journal/aug00/images/KOMODO-md38NK9597_WEB.jpg

Who get's this shi[/b]tty job?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39432000/jpg/_39432861_dragon360_ap.jpg

jakethebake
01-20-2005, 04:15 PM
http://irachus.free.fr/photo/bodypaint/crocodile.jpg

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
01-20-2005, 04:16 PM
http://www.gambino.com/funstuff/crocodile.jpg

Reef
01-20-2005, 04:24 PM
I actually think the legless man would win if he could just grab a hold of one of his opponents' legs. Once in arms reach, it's over

Jake (The Snake)
01-20-2005, 04:53 PM
yes, exactly!

ThaSaltCracka
01-20-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Komodo (kuh MOH doh) dragon is the largest living lizard. It grows to more than 10 feet (3 meters) long and can weigh as much as 365 pounds (165 kilograms).

[/ QUOTE ]
You realize saltwater crocs are MUCH larger than this? They go like 2,000 pounds. Think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]well yeah, I know this, but 365 pounds is huge.

jakethebake
01-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Croc eats wildebeast.
http://www.accuratereloading.com/crocf6.jpg

Croc eats zebra
http://www.accuratereloading.com/crocf1.jpg

Croc eats deer
http://www.accuratereloading.com/crocf.jpg