PDA

View Full Version : Bankrobbing > Poker on the easy money scale

Sponger15SB
01-20-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
An unidentified man entered the branch office at approximately 4 p.m. and handed the teller a note demanding money. According to police, the teller complied and the suspect left the bank with an undisclosed amount of cash. A weapon was not seen at any point during the exchange.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.dailynexus.com/news/2005/8698.html

That is it? That is all you have to do now to rob a bank? Geeeeeeeze.

tek
01-20-2005, 02:23 PM
The average take is about $3k. Not worth going to prison for...

Sponger15SB
01-20-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just write "give me all the money" on a withdrawl slip and then if they catch you claim you weren't trying to rob the bank and you thought the teller was just being nice.

ThaSaltCracka
01-20-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]especially since its federal pound me in the ass prison.

Sponger15SB
01-20-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You see, the trick is, kick someone's ass the first day or become someone's bitch.

ThaSaltCracka
01-20-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You see, the trick is, kick someone's ass the first day or become someone's bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]okay, which do you think is most likely to happen to you?

BusterStacks
01-20-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Federal prison is MUCH nicer than any other. Ameneties at the private Fed joints include:

-cable
-smoking
-yoga class
-full library
-huge commissary

plus a lot more. I would take federal time over county/state any day of the week. Even if I had to trade up for like 20% extra time.

Sponger15SB
01-20-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
okay, which do you think is most likely to happen to you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I'll just hope my roomate is cute and gentle and unlike any of the characters on the show OZ

Freakin
01-20-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
An unidentified man entered the branch office at approximately 4 p.m. and handed the teller a note demanding money. According to police, the teller complied and the suspect left the bank with an undisclosed amount of cash. A weapon was not seen at any point during the exchange.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My roommate in college went home one weekend to visit a highschool friend who had done just that. No weapon, no threat of force. He just wandered in, gave them a note asking for all the money in the register (or whatever they call it) and walked out. Middle of the day, no mask, no attempt to disguise himself. He appeared on teh 6:00 news and his mom started smacking him for being so damn stupid. He went to jail for like 14 months.

Freakin

TimM
01-20-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Middle of the day, no mask, no attempt to disguise himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

But did he wear the juice?

john smith
01-20-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He wouldn't have gotten caught if he'd worn it!

Shajen
01-20-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My roommate in college went home one weekend to visit a highschool friend who had done just that. No weapon, no threat of force. He just wandered in, gave them a note asking for all the money in the register (or whatever they call it) and walked out. Middle of the day, no mask, no attempt to disguise himself. He appeared on teh 6:00 news and his mom started smacking him for being so damn stupid. He went to jail for like 14 months.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

he was apprehended when the police saw him walking down the street dragging his GINORMOUS balls behind him.

Sponger15SB
01-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks Jon Stewart.

Shajen
01-20-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Jon Stewart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Sponger15SB
01-20-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Jon Stewart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

errr, [censored], didn't JS say this on an episode of the daily show, or where did you get this joke from.

maryfield48
01-20-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
okay, which do you think is most likely to happen to you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I'll just hope my roomate is cute and gentle and unlike any of the characters on the show OZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you might get Tobias, rather than Schilling.

Shajen
01-20-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Jon Stewart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

errr, [censored], didn't JS say this on an episode of the daily show, or where did you get this joke from.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was from me. I don't watch the daily show. Lemme guess, I'm a day late again...[censored].

TheRake
01-20-2005, 03:09 PM
I would speculate that most bank robbers don't just rob one bank and then never do it again (if they get away with it). That being said I wonder what the average # of robberies is before someone finally gets caught. Do you think most get caught on their 1st attempt?

Sponger15SB
01-20-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would speculate that most bank robbers don't just rob one bank and then never do it again (if they get away with it). That being said I wonder what the average # of robberies is before someone finally gets caught. Do you think most get caught on their 1st attempt?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say most likely.

Those that are smart enough to rob a bank successfully usually could get $3,000 without breaking the law.

Your average bank robber is pretty freaking dumb, as someone in this thread pointed out about his friend who just walked into a bank in the middle of the day with no disguise, mask, etc

TimM
01-20-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He wouldn't have gotten caught if he'd worn it!

[/ QUOTE ]

No one else got this?

[ QUOTE ]
In 1995, McArthur Wheeler walked into two Pittsburgh banks and robbed them in broad daylight, with no visible attempt at disguise. He was arrested later that night, less than an hour after videotapes of him taken from surveillance cameras were broadcast on the 11 o'clock news. When police later showed him the surveillance tapes, Mr. Wheeler stared in incredulity. "But I wore the juice," he mumbled. Apparently, Mr. Wheeler was under the impression that rubbing one's face with lemon juice rendered it invisible to videotape cameras

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.phule.net/mirrors/unskilled-and-unaware.html

Someone posted this article in another 2+2 forum. It's a good explanation of why people suck at poker, too.

wacki
01-20-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
UNCLE Nikolai
The first time I went to prison I was
fourteen years old, a skinny little boy.
Very afraid. By the time I came out I had
my beard. I was a grown man. I went back
to my hometown, I found my mother, I
kissed her. And she screamed.
(smiling)
She did not recognize me. I have been in
three different prisons, Montgomery, in
three different countries. You know what
I learned?

Monty shakes his head and waits.
UNCLE Nikolai:I learned that prison is not a good place
to be.

More dialogue......

CONTINUED:
UNCLE Nikolai:
I believe you, Montgomery. When you get
there, figure out who is who. Find a man
nobody is protecting, a man without
friends. And beat him until his eyes
bleed.

Monty stares at Kostya, who whimpers on the ground, blood
dripping from his nose.

UNCLE Nikoli:
Let them think you are a little bit
crazy, but respectful, too, respectful of
the right men. You're a good-looking boy, it won't be
easy for—you. But remember, I was fourteen when I first went.
I tattoed survive on my wrist the night before I went away to prison.
And I did. We do what we have to do to survive.

cardcounter0
01-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Former roommate of mine robbed 35 banks over several years until they nabbed him. Had about $30,000 on him, several pounds of cocaine and a pound of herion in the trunk of his car ( a good way to launder and invest stolen bank money is to buy drugs and sell at a profit).

Over the years in the pen, the Feds slowly tracked down his hidden assets one by one and seized them. After about 30 years, when his health started going and the Feds realized they could have some medical bills, they paroled him and kicked him out, broke and old.

The guy had some serious adjustments to do on the outside due to 30 some years of being told when to get up, what to do, and when to do it.

Don't think his 3 or 4 year spree was worth it. The conditions of his parole required him to be a good citizen and open up a bank account. When he went to the bank to open up the account, the first question he asked the bank manager was, "What kind of security do you guys have around here?"
/images/graemlins/grin.gif