PDA

View Full Version : Roll call: What's for lunch? (Since no one else did it yet)

Shajen
01-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Taco salad from the cafeteria downstairs in my building.

lettuce, beef, pinto beans, mexican rice, cheese, salsa, jalapenos, black olives, and onions.

Ole.

IndieMatty
01-20-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Taco salad from the cafeteria downstairs in my building.

lettuce, beef, pinto beans, mexican rice, cheese, salsa, jalapenos, black olives, and onions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good times.

Thats what I had yesterday. Enjoy.

Victor
01-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Salami and swiss on wheat. ruffled potato chips. water

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-20-2005, 01:52 PM
The appropriate response here is Chipotle and it's not even close. Do you see why? etc...

daryn
01-20-2005, 01:52 PM
chicken kabob salad

Boris
01-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Work lunch so probably some [censored] like Szechuan fish filet and pineapple fried rice.

Shajen
01-20-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The appropriate response here is Chipotle and it's not even close. Do you see why? etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, this may out-do QLC as the lamest website EVAR. (http://www.chipotlefan.com/)

OMG, people have way too much time on their hands.

(As he types his ~420th post in a month and a half)

jakethebake
01-20-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm doing the buy any size drink and fries and get an Oroginal Chicken Sandwich free at Burger King.

Cluck. Cluck.

uw_madtown
01-20-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chipotle blows.

Get Qdoba.

oddjob
01-20-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, you are dead wrong.

chipotle sucks, and i won't even make a stupid do you see why joke (they're not funny), cause it just plain sucks. it's bland and plain crap wrapped in a tortilla. i understand why people eat them. they're cheap and they're filling and healthier then fast food, but i don't understand why some people love them.

i always suspect that people who love chipotle think that the olive garden is a great italian restaurant.

sorry to be harsh, but you need to be told.

astroglide
01-20-2005, 01:59 PM
toasted bunny bread mild cheddar cheese cajun deli turkey french's mustard miracle whip and water. same thing 5 days per week.

Shajen
01-20-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

chipotle sucks, and i won't even make a stupid do you see why joke (they're not funny), cause it just plain sucks. it's bland and plain crap wrapped in a tortilla. i understand why people eat them. they're cheap and they're filling and healthier then fast food, but i don't understand why some people love them.

i always suspect that people who love chipotle think that the olive garden is a great italian restaurant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time, take the gloves off man, no holding back.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tron
01-20-2005, 02:01 PM
My favorite commercials are for the Olive Garden. "Uncle Vito just got off the boat from Italy... So we took him to the Olive Garden!"

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-20-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is an example of one reason why Chipotle was the appropriate response and it's not even close. You fools are so predictable. The way people get so uppity and condescending about a [censored] FAST FOOD BURRITO is ridiculous. Get off it already.

jakethebake
01-20-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My favorite commercials are for the Olive Garden. "Uncle Vito just got off the boat from Italy... So we took him to the Olive Garden!"

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea. They leave off the part where he spits the food on the floor and says, "what the f[/b]uck is this?"

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-20-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, this may out-do QLC as the lamest website EVAR. (http://www.chipotlefan.com/)

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed on all counts.

offTopic
01-20-2005, 02:04 PM
leftover Indian food - Baigan Bartha and Chicken Vindaloo

jakethebake
01-20-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
leftover Indian food - Baigan Bartha and Chicken Vindaloo

[/ QUOTE ]
I like to say Vindaloo. Vindaloo. Vindaloo. Vindaloo.

IndieMatty
01-20-2005, 02:08 PM
That sounds like a really good sandwhich.

Zoltri
01-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Liquid lunch and poker at work.
Does it get any better than that?

Boris
01-20-2005, 02:09 PM
nice. I did that last friday.

JinX11
01-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Dude, you're in Atlanta, right?? So am I. And I'm having taco salad from the cafe downstairs, as well. Gorins? You work in the Centennial building?? If so, you should've gone with the chicken instead of the beef.

IndieMatty
01-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Well I go around 1:30-2:00, the specials at the cafeteria today are. (I can get any salad and sandwhich too).

Soups: Garden Vegetable/ Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle

Special: Beer Braised Pork Chops $4.95
Chicken or Beef Gazpacho $4.95
Burger Special:Dijon Swiss Burger $4.25
Carving Board: Roast Sirloin of Beef Au Jus ( Try a French Dip) $4.95
Wrap: Classic Club Sandwich- TurkeyBLT $4.50
Special: Garlic & Herb 1/2 Roast Chicken $5.95

Thoughts?

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-20-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I go around 1:30-2:00, the specials at the cafeteria today are. (I can get any salad and sandwhich too).

Soups: Garden Vegetable/ Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle

Special: Beer Braised Pork Chops $4.95
Chicken or Beef Gazpacho $4.95
Burger Special:Dijon Swiss Burger $4.25
Carving Board: Roast Sirloin of Beef Au Jus ( Try a French Dip) $4.95
Wrap: Classic Club Sandwich- TurkeyBLT $4.50
Special: Garlic & Herb 1/2 Roast Chicken $5.95

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd hit the Carving Board.

Shajen
01-20-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you're in Atlanta, right?? So am I. And I'm having taco salad from the cafe downstairs, as well. Gorins? You work in the Centennial building?? If so, you should've gone with the chicken instead of the beef.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I won't say who I work for, but I work down off of Piedmont and Sydney Marcus at the Lindburgh Marta Station.

Chicken was not an option. I repeat, chicken was not an option.

But yeah, had they had it, chicken woulda been better. (How can you [censored] up ground beef? Jesus, the cooks must be retarded.)

IndieMatty
01-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Thats what I'm thinking...the French Dip specifically.

Shajen
01-20-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JinX11
01-20-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I won't say who I work for, but I work down off of Piedmont and Sydney Marcus at the Lindburgh Marta Station.

But yeah, had they had it, chicken woulda been better. (How can you [censored] up ground beef? Jesus, the cooks must be retarded.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool - had to take a chance at the small world thing.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-20-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly.

ThaSaltCracka
01-20-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
for all you chipolte fans:
http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

[censored], I don't think I am going back. wowie wow wow.

Shajen
01-20-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool - had to take a chance at the small world thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, no worries dude. At first I was kinda pissed off, WTF, they had CHICKEN? Then I realized you said Gorins and Centennial bldg.

on_thg
01-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Taco Bell. I'm anticipating an afternoon of mild-to-severe intestinal pain.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-20-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
for all you chipolte fans:
http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

[censored], I don't think I am going back. wowie wow wow.

[/ QUOTE ]
My burrito has 30g of fat, and
685 calories. How about yours (http://www.chipotlefan.com)?

turnipmonster
01-20-2005, 02:21 PM
do you go to chipotle every day?

stabn
Your cafe pwns mine:
Soup:
Broccoli Cheddar $2.60/ $3.05
Curried Rice and Lentil (Vegetarian) $2.60/ $3.05

Pasta ya Gotcha! $5.55
Greek Rotisserie Rub Rotisserie Chicken $3.40
A tasty blend of seasoned salt, oregano, mint, olive oil, lemon juice and black pepper.(don't believe this for a second, it tastes like ass
Pilsen Loaffata $5.20
Cilantro lime roasted chicken with roasted bell pepper, onions, Monterey jack cheese, cilantro and tomato

All American Sub $4.45
Roast beef, turkey & cheddar with lettuce, tomato and balsamic vinegar

Roasted Pork Loin and Avocado Panini $5.20

Grilled Chicken Teriyaki $4.15
Oriental Grilled Chicken Breast Served on a Sesame Seed Bun

Hot Dog Bar $5.35
Choice of hot dogs with all your favorite toppings, chili and one side.

Pizza - Who knows. $x.x

The great thing about my cafe is on the surface it looks like you have a ton of choices. Then you eat there and realize they cooked it all in one big pot and it all tastes like the same [censored]. I only eat there if i'm going down and bringing it back up to my office because i'm really [censored] busy.

ThaSaltCracka
lots.

Patrick del Poker Grande
[ QUOTE ]
do you go to chipotle every day?

[/ QUOTE ]
2 square meals a day, my friend.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-20-2005, 02:22 PM
I just like that they give you that html code to put on your webpage.

IndieMatty
01-20-2005, 02:23 PM
So we're going with the French Dip?

Should I get fries? Should I get cheese fries?

turnipmonster
taco salad sounds good. I was lazy and didn't make soup this week so I am having 3 lentil chili from hale and hearty. oyster crackers, baby.

JinX11
OMG, she has three ass cheeks. So....she has two pooper holes, yeah?!? HOW DOES SHE CHOOSE????

Can you get me her phone number, jake?

IndieMatty
01-20-2005, 02:24 PM
At first glance it sounds good. My menu is only some of the specials.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-20-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely the french dip. I'd go for some sort of seasoned fries - curly fries or waffle fries if they're available.

turnipmonster
01-20-2005, 02:25 PM
you're kidding. twice a day!?!?!? tell me you're kidding.

oddjob
[ QUOTE ]
This is an example of one reason why Chipotle was the appropriate response and it's not even close. You fools are so predictable. The way people get so uppity and condescending about a [censored] FAST FOOD BURRITO is ridiculous. Get off it already.

[/ QUOTE ]

?? this is the OOT we're in right? this is the place to make ridiculous comments about ridiculous things right?

if you really thought "Get off it already" was an option, then i think you're in the wrong forum. heh, i didn't think was possible till you were too bored with it.

regardless of whatever reason you think chipotle was the appropriate response attached with whatever 2+2 cliche, it still sucks.

NoChance
For me: Spaghetti Bolognese and a coke

Patrick del Poker Grande
[ QUOTE ]
you're kidding. twice a day!?!?!? tell me you're kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]
I average 14/week. I'm a very loyal customer. It's practically all I eat.

Shajen
01-20-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A french dip is not complete without fries.

I'd go cheese fries, but that's because I'm slowly morphing into that fat assed comic book character on the Simpsons.

So cheese it up bro.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-20-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?? this is the OOT we're in right? this is the place to make ridiculous comments about ridiculous things right?

if you really thought "Get off it already" was an option, then i think you're in the wrong forum. heh, i didn't think was possible till you were too bored with it.

regardless of whatever reason you think chipotle was the appropriate response attached with whatever 2+2 cliche, it still sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, thanks for the enlightenment. Is there any other bit of knowledge you would care to bestow upon me? Could you please show me the way and better my life?

IndieMatty
01-20-2005, 02:31 PM
They are--and excellent choice.

oddjob
01-20-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, thanks for the enlightenment. Is there any other bit of knowledge you would care to bestow upon me? Could you please show me the way and better my life?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll let you know as they come up.

it's allright if someone disagrees with you on something. i find it rare that anyone agrees with me on anything. it's my unemployment and boredom that does most of my talking. not like i go around telling peopel chipotle sucks. you just happened to bring chipotle up, and i happened to have an opinion on it.

but i'm sure you've never criticized anything.

stabn
01-20-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

At first glance it sounds good. My menu is only some of the specials.

[/ QUOTE ]
Unfortunatley it never gets past sounding good. Those are basically the specials of the day. There's also a salad bar i left out besides the pizza, and anything else they cook at the grill, etc. There's 0 food that ever tastes good in it though, so i always spend 30 minutes driving to and from somewhere else instead of 4 minutes walking to the cafe.

Shajen
01-20-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are--and excellent choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seasoned curly fries WITH cheese.

This is the way to true enlightenment. Trust me on this one.

Zoltri
01-20-2005, 03:07 PM
I should have this kind of lunch everyday.
Chip leader in Primas freeroll with 120 guys left.

Problem is I have a 3:30 appointment.

jakethebake
01-20-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seasoned curly fries WITH

[/ QUOTE ]

CHILI AND

[ QUOTE ]
cheese.

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn
01-20-2005, 03:22 PM
for some reason i dislike you a little more every day /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-20-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for some reason i dislike you a little more every day /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here.

Shajen
01-20-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seasoned curly fries WITH

[/ QUOTE ]

CHILI AND

[ QUOTE ]
cheese.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd normally agree, but my thinking here is they'd probably [censored] the chili all up and he'd get grease bombed. Plus, the chili would be harsh on the Au Jus.

But, maybe the chili there is good. Who knows?

IndieMatty
01-20-2005, 03:26 PM
My main concern was that the "French Dip" would be the Roast Beef on a roll, thats it. Luckily my boy Keith the Grill Worker..hooked up a nice Italian hero, some melted Swiss, some thin sliced onions. The Roast Beef and Au Jus was actually really good, borderline excellent. He put it all together, although it was a little sloppy, especially because it was pretty big, it was actually one of the better meals I have had from there.

Oh yeah, I was walking away, when Keith shouted, "Yo Slick, want some fries with that?"

Seasoned Curly Fries with a cup of cheese. (No Chili-Sorry Homer)

cough, diet pepsi..cough.

Lunch Rating - 8.7

Thanks OOts

IndieMatty
01-20-2005, 03:27 PM
The Chili here is actually excellent. It's a really good standby.

jakethebake
01-20-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks OOts

[/ QUOTE ]
That's ootiots! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

IndieMatty
01-20-2005, 03:30 PM
I like to shorten things up. Is tonight a wood chip night or is the wallet being busted open?

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-20-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My main concern was that the "French Dip" would be the Roast Beef on a roll, thats it. Luckily my boy Keith the Grill Worker..hooked up a nice Italian hero, some melted Swiss, some thin sliced onions. The Roast Beef and Au Jus was actually really good, borderline excellent. He put it all together, although it was a little sloppy, especially because it was pretty big, it was actually one of the better meals I have had from there.

Oh yeah, I was walking away, when Keith shouted, "Yo Slick, want some fries with that?"

Lunch Rating - 8.7

Thanks OOts

[/ QUOTE ]
Well done.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-20-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like to shorten things up. Is tonight a wood chip night or is the wallet being busted open?

[/ QUOTE ]
Wood chip it tonight and hit it hard tomorrow.

Shajen
01-20-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Lunch Rating - 8.7

Thanks OOts

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad someone enjoyed their lunch, that taco salad I ate is doing back flips in my gut right now.

HARSH. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

jakethebake
01-20-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
One of the hot barmaids opened up last night so I felt compelled to drink them both before going home. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

IndieMatty
01-20-2005, 03:34 PM
"BarMaids"

New poll idea....

sfer
01-20-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
taco salad sounds good. I was lazy and didn't make soup this week so I am having 3 lentil chili from hale and hearty. oyster crackers, baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

That bag of crackers is a meal in itself.

jakethebake
01-20-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That bag of crackers is a meal in itself.

[/ QUOTE ]
And 3 lentil anything isn't chili.

Wayfare
01-20-2005, 03:39 PM
1 bowl hot and sour soup: $1
5 pork dumplings: $1
1 beef "pancake" sandwich: $1

Lunch = $3

banditbdl
01-20-2005, 03:41 PM
The last of the leftover Coq Au Von my mom made this weekend and dropped off for my brother and I along with a couple of slices of buttered bread to clean the sauce off the plate when I was done. Freaking amazing.

B00T
01-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Can we have one lunch thread where Chipotle is not involved? Someone always takes a shot at it and then Patrick defends it. Just name the thread the obligatory Chipotle bashing/defense concept.

P.S. I had Buffalo Chicken Tenders at Charlie Brown's and they sucked.

JoeC
01-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Qdoba is insanely good.

JoeC
01-20-2005, 04:02 PM
I've been planning since the infamous "sandwich" thread to go to McAlister's Deli and get a Reuben after class today. It's a bit of a late lunch but the Reuben is worth the wait.

stabn
01-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Jersey Mike's cheesesteak sandwhich with nacho cheeze doritos.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-20-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can we have one lunch thread where Chipotle is not involved? Someone always takes a shot at it and then Patrick defends it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually I brought up Chipotle partly for consistency, but mostly to elicit exactly this kind of idiot reaction. People sure are touchy when it comes to Chipotle/Qdoba/Local Guy burritos. I especially like how they get all up on their high horse about it as if I'm some sort of idiot/hick and they're enlightening me and introducing me to fine culture. It's a freaking fast food burrito, people - get over it.

For the record, I had a Qdoba burrito today. It only reinforced my stance that Chipotle is far superior. I can understand why some people like Qdoba, but for me, it leaves a feeling like I'm either about to or just did puke. It's really not very pleasant.

CHIPOTLE RULES!

end.

IndieMatty
01-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Can't we all agree that I had (BY FAR) the superior lunch today?

B00T
01-20-2005, 06:43 PM
I know what you're saying and agree with you. I just found that its mandatory that someone (and its always someone different) takes their potshot.

Keep fending them off, your posts are entertaining.

drewjustdrew
01-20-2005, 06:58 PM
When I first had Chipotle, I didn't like it at all. My wife liked it and forced me to go there a few more times. I actually started to like it. Maybe it is like coffee or beer and you just develop a taste for it. I think the naysayers have only had it once at most.

uw_madtown
01-20-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can we have one lunch thread where Chipotle is not involved? Someone always takes a shot at it and then Patrick defends it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually I brought up Chipotle partly for consistency, but mostly to elicit exactly this kind of idiot reaction. People sure are touchy when it comes to Chipotle/Qdoba/Local Guy burritos. I especially like how they get all up on their high horse about it as if I'm some sort of idiot/hick and they're enlightening me and introducing me to fine culture. It's a freaking fast food burrito, people - get over it.

For the record, I had a Qdoba burrito today. It only reinforced my stance that Chipotle is far superior. I can understand why some people like Qdoba, but for me, it leaves a feeling like I'm either about to or just did puke. It's really not very pleasant.

CHIPOTLE RULES!

end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you clearly ordered the WRONG THING.

Get a Qdoba chicken quesidilla, tacos, or nachos.

Burritos, frankly, are overrated no matter where you get them from. But a Qdoba chicken quesidilla? AWESOME.