PDA

View Full Version : Gee, I'm a two term President now.

GWB
01-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Let's all work to make it a good Second Term. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050120/capt.ing13101201700.inaugural_ing131.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050120/capt.ing14101201715.bush_inaugural_ing141.jpg
http://www.georgewbushstore.com/images/front_images/inauguration.gif

cardcounter0
01-20-2005, 01:48 PM
http://www.bartcop.com/ss-iraq.jpg

Toro
01-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Four more years. Light at the end of the tunnel.

adios
01-20-2005, 02:44 PM

zaxx19
01-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Why is Iraq now a closed case???

The country was run by the most manaical leader of the late 20th century...It has tremendous sectarian problems...There was a war...there has been an insurrection...there will now be an election....

The point is after 2 yrs can you properly judge the transformation of such a nation from repressive authoritarian rule to liberal democracy???

5yrs, probably not.

10 yrs, perhaps.

25 yrs certainly.

Remember it took 25+ yrs for Saddam to turn Iraq into a prison state, so dont pass judgement so soon.

andyfox
01-20-2005, 06:36 PM
We have had two years to see what has been done and what hasn't. Nobody is passing final judgment, but everybody can make their own assessment on whether they think the administration has done a good or bad job to date.

As for a final judgment taking time, I agree. Not just for the reasons you cite, but also because information is usually kept secret until many years after key events.

sameoldsht
01-20-2005, 09:18 PM
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Laughingboy
01-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Hopefully they'll pass the Arnold amendment by then /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cyrus
01-21-2005, 08:59 AM
I'm referring to the way you present your point of view. Technically, it's a mess! You obviously never give a second look to what you write, OK - if you don't mind inexplicable grammar or blatant mistakes of logical construction. But you are also placing your responses under whichever post tickles your fancy - instead of the post you're responding to!

It is fair to deduce that you are paying as much attention to the content of your posts as to their writing.

nicky g
01-21-2005, 09:22 AM
More like wailing and gnashing of teeth.

jokerswild
01-21-2005, 12:26 PM
The lengths that that the mentally disturbed 2+2 staff member goes to get hits on this site reveals a dangerous pathology. I'd say that it's most likely borderline personality disorder. Everyone knows that the real Bush is a drug addicted narcissistic megalomaniac.

jokerswild
01-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Jeb isn't gay either. You log cabin boys will continue to be condemned to hellfire.

nicky g
01-21-2005, 12:31 PM
2+2 staff member? I must have missed this. Who's it supposed to be? Or is this just jw's latest conspiracy?

mojorisin24
01-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Agreed. It will take years before we can fully evaluate the success of the Iraq enterprise. That said, it is also true that we are indeed allowed to citique the current administration's performance over there, and therefore it can be said that in Iraq there have been numerous decisions that have resulted in disastrous consequences. I am confident that we will get things straightened out over there, but there's going to have to be much more accountability in Washington.

ScottTheFish
01-26-2005, 08:10 PM
RE: Iraq
There have indeed been mistakes made...war, especially in that part of the world, is not an exact science. There is a saying in the Army that "No battle plan survives the first enemy contact"

There were many tactical and political mistakes that occurred during the execution of World War 2. many hundreds of men died needlessly during D-Day alone due to faulty intellignce and bad command decisions. But I think most would agree history has shown that action to be a success overall.

My point is it's very hard to judge these things without many years of perspective. Having said that, I certainly feel anyone has the right to question any military action and hold the leaders accountable.