PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss a bet here?

pokahjokah
01-20-2005, 11:03 AM
First hand post, bare with me....
2/4 limt game over at Full Tilt, Loose Agressive last night.
Hero is UTG with KK, raises to $4., folded around to small blind who calls, all else fold. Hero has a loose agressive table image due to a good run of cards without showdown.
Flop comes 868, and the small blind leads out.
I call.
Next card is a 4, small blind leads out again.
I doubt he would play a set of 6s like this, but I also think he is really weak, so I don't re-raise.
Flop is a Jack, he checks, I bet, he calls.
He has 99, and I take it down.
Did I miss a bet here?
Or, did I play it right on the turn, b/c a reraise will cause him to lay it down?
Thanks for your responses.

Fat Nicky
01-20-2005, 11:08 AM
Yea, you need to raise the turn. There is no guarantee he will bet the river if he isn't holding anything strong. Raise and try to get those extra bets in.

MyssGuy
01-20-2005, 11:10 AM
I would have raised the flop. If he re-raises, go to call down mode. Otherwise, continue to put the pressure on. This was played too passive IMHO.

pokahjokah
01-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Ok,
So I played it too passively, but is it ever the correct strategy not to reraise, if you think your opponent will fold to a reraise? So instead of getting him to call my river bet, he would fold to my turn reraise. (I understand that this would never happen at these limits)

krishanleong
01-20-2005, 11:35 AM
It's fine if you trust your read. I'm assuming you would have raised the river had he bet.

Krishan

Moss Factor
01-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Typically I don't like the flop call, but heads up on a board like this (where the eights protect you from a random two pair), I think you can afford the call/turn raise. I really think you need to be raising on the turn. It's not even close. Raise the turn and bet the river.

pokahjokah
01-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Ok,
Survey says, raise the Turn 99.9% of the time. Thanks for all of the advice!