PDA

View Full Version : Too aggressive from the BB?

MyssGuy
01-20-2005, 11:00 AM
After reviewing bison's post on position, I think maybe I played this hand too aggressive. Comments...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (2.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (4.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 6.16 BB

MercTec
01-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Hmmm....a gutshot and 2 overs. Bet the flop to try to steal, check/fold the turn if unimproved me thinks

jonahmavesin
01-20-2005, 12:43 PM
This also falls for me under the dictum of "don't put yourself way out there to win a small pot." Making a play at a pot from EP like this, you are often going to get into this type of bet-call battle. Going to the river, you are putting in 5SB to win 7.33SB (the flop pot plus all calls). That's just not worth it as a payoff, ESPECIALLY when you are out of position and playing a draw.

I can get behind the flop bet, but don't go farther than that.

Spook
01-20-2005, 01:54 PM
I don't know if I like the river bet. A check/call is nice. He will call thinking you might be on a busted straight/flush draw, but then if you check he might bluff at you. I don't know how well I could respond to a better player raising here.