PDA

View Full Version : seven card stud newbie

sublime
01-20-2005, 09:39 AM
hey all-

i started playing hold em around the same time i registered here at 2+2. i have played strictly hold em to this point, with the majority of that being limit. i am a modestly winning player who now plays mid stakes and am trying to improve my game. what has been suggested to me is to start playing other forms of poker and then keep reading TOP etc. i have choose 7CS, mostly because it has a very close relationship to hold em and a large number of the examples in TOP deal with 7CS.

So, what book should I read? Does my limit experiance give me enough backround that i can pick up 7CSFAP?

thanks

Rudbaeck
01-20-2005, 10:26 AM
When I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago I got the advice to read Roy West's book on 7cs first, and then move to 7csfap. My books are still traveling across the globe, probably in a row boat crossing the atlantic, so I can't vouch for the advice.

Gallopin Gael
01-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Both of those are good.

If you check the Stud forum, you'll see many replies to similar questions.

Andy B swears by Zee's book alone and many others recommend West in addition to.

Beavis68
01-20-2005, 03:18 PM
if you are interested in stud and omaha, Hellmuth's chapters are great in Play Poker Like the Pros, probably be a good read before going on to the more in-depth books, and it is it pretty cheap.