PDA

View Full Version : Flopped 2-pair from BB, Action is Heavy

spydog
01-20-2005, 09:15 AM
This was my first hand at the table. Only reads are of those not involved in the hand.

I chose not to cap the flop. My plan was to raise a turn brick.

On the turn, is my fold weak? I just figured that the SB might already have trips or a straight. Plus, at least one coldcaller was bound to have a T, so I threw it in the muck.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds

DeeJ
01-20-2005, 09:44 AM
very weak. You have odds for the full house (6 outs, discounted for dead cards/underboat) even at 5 outs you can call 1 bet at 9:1, and that's assuming there's a made straight out there.

As it is you may be ahead which can restore your outs judgement and bingo you're in /images/graemlins/smile.gif and with all those implied odds of people calling with straights.... the board looks just as nasty to those people who cold called with AJ or AQ or whatever.