PDA

View Full Version : KEM cards bent after first use..

skirk
01-20-2005, 08:52 AM
I purchased a set up of green/brown back, bridge sized, regular index KEM cards. They are fantastic cards and I could not believe how much better they were then paper cards. Anyways, during the first home game using them, someone noticed that that the Qc had it's top corner bent.
You could see it if you looked at the correct angle on either side of the card. It looks like someone bent the corner pretty severely checking their hold cards. Same person noticed the 10h in the other deck had the same issue about a half hour later. I asked everyone to not abuse the cards and did not have any more problems, but now I have 2 decks with a bent card in each. I tried bending them in the opposite direction, but you can still see the crease. Anything I can do? Can I call KEM and get replacements?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Nagoo81
01-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Ouch. Sorry to hear that you play with such dog-earing baboons /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyways, KEM used to offer single card replacements..but now that they were bought up by US Playing Card Co, their status is up in the air.

I had heard that they were supposed to make their resurrection sometime soon (February?) and be relaunched after USPC got all of KEM's equipment up to their main manufacturing plant.

But of course that doesn't unbend your cards. Hmm. Well, go buy some Copags.

Hedge Henderson
01-21-2005, 12:12 AM
I've had similar problems from time to time. You might try putting the whole deck under a flat surface with a large amount of weight on top for a few days. That's how I fixed my bent Kem cards. It also seems to help if it's humid outside. Yours may be more bent than mine were, though.

warewulf
01-21-2005, 12:18 AM
That sucks! Try to contact USPC. If they don't do replacements right now, they will do them soon. Just use the jokers in the meantime.

AngryCola
01-21-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've had similar problems from time to time. You might try putting the whole deck under a flat surface with a large amount of weight on top for a few days.

[/ QUOTE ]

To the OP: Try the above.

Honestly, that's going to happen. One card gets slightly bent and it's very noticable at first. But eventually all the cards have a little inconsistency to them and you can't really tell the difference anymore.

Try to use weight and flat surfaces (as suggested) to keep the deck as flat as possible. That should help a bit.