PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Sophia
01-20-2005, 04:32 AM

wuarhg
01-20-2005, 05:36 AM
I don't really like all the raising, call him down if he bluffs every hand is my plan and maybe 3-bet preflop if he raises alot of hands.

donger
01-20-2005, 05:46 AM
Huh? What is the point to raising on the river? Is he so bad that he would call with king high or worse and no cards to come? You know he's not folding a small PP or any piece of the board.

The raise is one of those bets that will only be called if you're behind. It never makes money, it only loses it.

On a side note: 3 bet preflop. Sieze the situation and raise when you know you have the best hand.

gaming_mouse
01-20-2005, 06:38 AM
Looks like you were the LAG in this hand.

If you want to look him up with A high, just call down. Also, if you think he is going to continue to bluff with a worse A, you don't want to "raise him out" on the turn. If you succeed, you just lost (43/46) of a BB, since he has only a 3 outer. And if you're behind, you lost a full BB.

Let him keep coming. Occassionaly calling down is actually the best play.

gm

Sophia
01-20-2005, 02:47 PM

bernie
01-20-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I called his flop raise because I was looking to raise him out on the flop or turn, given that he never seemed to do anything but reraise preflop. So I wanted to put him in a spot where I could exploit his aggressiveness ...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're thinking too much about the LAG and not enough about your other opponents. Proof? This is an easy 3 bet preflop for that very reason. Easy isolation play. This exploits his aggressiveness.

Not sure i'd be raising the river on him.

b

bernie
01-20-2005, 07:20 PM
It's ok to throw a raise in there on an early street if you know he'll likely call it with a lesser hand. However, usually these players do actually tighten a titch as they get on later streets. The later in the hand he's still betting into you after being raised on 2 streets, the more likely he's to have a hand. Granted, that likeliness can still be a wide gap, but it's still much narrower range than hand he started out with preflop.

b