PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker and when to make your Stands

miracle7s
01-20-2005, 04:15 AM
I have been playing home games and party poker for about 8 months now I have read the books Super System, Play like the Pros Advanced Hold'em Etc.. however i find that no matter how good my hands seem to be they are always getting busted. i am a tight player and usually only come in with Big hands however my kk is getting busted by A2 and the like and just can't seem to find an amount on raises to get people not to call with these kind of hands so I'm asking people here should a just limp or make small raises with these big hands push it all in or what. Do i need to just see more flops with less cards please help me. I feel like phil hellmuth at these tables because i start going off with these idiots sometimes. I know that i get paid off big sometimes by these fish but a little insight from some food players would be greatly appreciated

goldseraph
01-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Honestly it sounds like YOU are the fish. Not to say you are stupid or anything, just that you need a lot more experience.
Just playing super-tight is not enough to regularly win, you will have to get more creative IE playing your opponents not just your cards. In this manner you can build a big enough stack that losing to a dog once or twice in a tourny shouldn't kill you. Also, bad beats happen but saying you 'always' lose to things like A2 with KK is absurd, you're just not looking at a large enough data pool.