PDA

View Full Version : He put a move on me right?

nickey009
01-20-2005, 04:01 AM
I'm thinking that he knew my 6 dollar bet was weak which is why he came firing over the top. I'll never know of course. What do you think?

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 ($63.6)
MP3 ($79.9)
CO ($89.05)
Button ($31.35)
SB ($53.75)
BB ($101.7)
UTG ($47.6)
UTG+1 ($36.7)
Hero ($52.35)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $1, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $3.

Flop: ($9.50) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $27.05</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $42.55

TheWorstPlayer
01-20-2005, 04:06 AM
If I take a shot at the pot when I miss, I fold to a raise. That is essentially the end of the story for me. If I think the guy is likely to raise me with nothing, then I like to check/call instead of betting because when he has nothing that gets me an extra bet and it avoids my having to make a huge decision against a tricky player on the flop. It also gives me a shot at improving on the turn. I also like to sit behind these guys so that I have position on them and can just check to look at the turn if I am afraid that they might check/raise me without the goods. With no specific read, however, you certainly have to fold here. He is unlikely to make that raise without being able to beat A high.

nickey009
01-20-2005, 12:35 PM
This is the same guy who re-raised me on the AAT board on my other post. Does he has me pegged as being weak/tight and can push me around?

GimmeDaWatch
01-20-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the same guy who re-raised me on the AAT board on my other post. Does he has me pegged as being weak/tight and can push me around?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but I dont think AQ high is the hand you want to make your stand with. He'll take a couple small-medium pots off you, and you wait for the big one to take from him. I also dont particularly think $6 is that weak of a bet, but maybe some players would see it that way.

legendary loser
01-20-2005, 01:47 PM
That flop is perfect for someone in good position to re-raise you off your hand. Unless you have a PP, you can't call with high cards. Good bet on his part. Right fold for you.

theredpill
01-20-2005, 08:35 PM
I like to think about it this way. You are going to make more money here by folding than you are calling and hoping he doesn't have a ten or 8 and you hit some miracle cards on the turn and river.

Also, you don't have to make the absolute correct decision every time. If he bluffed you, he made a good play. You just have to be good at poker, you don't have to be completely omniscient.

MarkL444
01-20-2005, 09:10 PM
I might have bet more or nothing on the flop, but not less. I dont really see anything wrong with this.