PDA

View Full Version : "Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter...and Spring"

ilya
01-20-2005, 03:25 AM
After seeing this on the shelf at Blockbuster, I've been inspired to pen and direct the sequel to this masterpiece of humanist filmmaking.

My tentative title is
"Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter..and Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter...and Spring."

Creative input is welcome. Casting begins next Tuesday.

whiskeytown
01-20-2005, 03:36 AM
it's a pretty good movie - I bought it on DVD when it was released... - and it's not Humanist, it's Buddhist -

if you actually wanted to say something funny, you could have used the Korean title - Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom - but as it stands, your post isn't even the slightest bit funny at all..

RB

ilya
01-20-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
your post isn't even the slightest bit funny at all..

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I thought it was mildly funny. Oh well.
You gotta admit though...that's a ludicruous title.

p.s. Is it better than the trailer would lead one to believe?

citanul
01-20-2005, 03:53 AM
The movie is good.

The movie's name is not what you said it is. It is, at worst, in English, "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter ... and Spring." Link (http://imdb.com/title/tt0374546/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj 0wfHE9c3ByaW5nLCBzdW1tZXJ8aHRtbD0xfG5tPW9u;fc=1;ft =9;fm=1)

I didn't think I'd want to see it at first, but afterwards, I was happy to have seen it.

citanul

whiskeytown
01-20-2005, 05:12 AM
yah...it's good - it's a buddhist fable about the cycles of life so to speak...a monk from boyhood to youth to adulthood to old age forming a cycle that gets repeated -

, but also visually an incredible movie with some wonderful shots of them in this mountain lake floating in a monastary -

after a while, you just get used to dumb titles for some of these movies - English translation - what can ya do...

RB

The Yugoslavian
01-20-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

p.s. Is it better than the trailer would lead one to believe?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I was expecting to watch a good movie. It turned out that it was merely decent and sporadically boring.

My suggestion for the sequel is better dialogue, plot, acting, and more sex. The sex was the only good part of the movie -- that and when the guy was a little kid. Wasn't nearly enough sex though to salvage the rest of it.

I'd recommend just meditating for 90 minutes or whatever -- it'll probably be more fun and exciting.

Yugoslav