PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting to limits

Sparhawk
01-20-2005, 03:15 AM
Hey guys, I'm a new user to this forum.

I was just wondering how you would adjust your strategies for low limit holdem games with limits like 2/5, and other structures where the big bet is more than 2x the little bet.

I would assume that pairs and high cards have greater value and drawing hands go down, but how drastically do drawing hands lose value?

Thanks for any answers!

cnfuzzd
01-20-2005, 03:35 AM
Welcome aboard. If your sparhawk, i get to be,,,uhm,,,stragen.

In regards to your question, i would think it would be the opposite. Big pairs cant charge the draws as much on the first two streets. Perhaps it would be better to say that drawings hands are automatically getting slightly better implied odds due to the more-than-doubled size of the bets on the last two streets. You would automatically be gettting an extra .5 of a small bet on all bets made on 4th and 5th street when you hit your draw. However, the impact is probably only going to be really important in some of the more marginal situations, like a gutshot with one overcard.

Keep thinking about things like this, and asking questions, and you will be a sad addict before you know it.

peace

john nickle