PDA

View Full Version : BB accidently flashes a card. Do I capitalize?

TStoneMBD
01-20-2005, 02:48 AM
20/40 at tstone. BB in the hand is a non-creative abc player, but appears solid. SB is a calling station, is loose in some ways and tight in others. extremely passive. button is LAG, loves action. however, he never beats me in hands as i always seem to have the better hand for some reason, so he often declines getting involved with me for this reason. i have been running over the table and have a very tight image. game is far tighter than usual.

I happen to see BB looking at his hand exposing a 9c. Folded to me in MP2 with J7o. Do I raise here? For anyone interested in seeing how the hand played out:

Hero raises, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds ( /images/graemlins/mad.gif).

Flop: QQJr
SB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: 6
SB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, SB folds

River: blank
Hero checks, CO checks, MHIG.

MrFeelNothin
01-20-2005, 03:09 AM
I dont think there is any way knowing one of the cards of the 4, countem, 4 players left to act could make raising J7 +EV. If you had some tighties in between you, then MAYBE. As it is, you have described a calling station, a LAG and an unknown. Seems like a lot of the time at least two of these guys coming along. That little piece of info doesn't help much anymore huh? Anyways, I'm sure it was a fun play and I like the play postflop, although I think I like a river bet-fold to a raise better.
The fact that BB is ABC makes it a little more enticing, as you can narrow his second card to a pretty narrow range if he calls and so on based on further action. I just cant justify it though with likely callers in between. Very interesting post though.