PDA

View Full Version : Gametime slowing down my computer, any fixes?

krazyace5
01-20-2005, 02:43 AM
nm

krazyace5
01-20-2005, 04:43 AM
I got rid of it and reinstalled it, working fine so far.

Rocco
01-20-2005, 05:26 AM
Thanks... I'm having problems with Gametime+ slowing down too.

ChipsForFree
01-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Don't include your own stats. There was a thread on GT+'s forum stating that this can improve performance. It lists other options as well.

http://www.pokerdominion.com/viewtopic.php?t=59

Mizzles
01-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Gametime was freezing my system as well.... and I have a pretty powerful one, I tried everything posted in any forum to try and stop it, probably because my database has 400K hands in it.

When it almost cost me a huge pot I had to can it

Now I'm using playerview -- no freezing, same effect, actually I like playerview better because of 2 other reasons

1) PT doesn't need to be running in the background
2) It combines data from multiple databases

krazyace5
01-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Thanks Chips, works great now.

droolie
01-22-2005, 05:20 PM
This has been a major problem for me lately too. None of the fixes recommended have helped...

Here's what I have going on so far....

Gametime and playerview both cause massive slowdowns on my sytem. The CPU usage hits 100% every time either program updates whether PT is running or not. I four-table and have a large data base. While the CPU is at 100% I have no control over my mouse and the pointer just drifts around the screen. I've lost quite a few pots and had to stop using both programs. I have over 1GB of RAM and a HUGE amount of hard drive free space. I have an Athalon 1.8 and a nice video card.

- I increased my virtual memory allocation.

- I changed the priorities of party poker (up) and playerview and gametime (lower).

- I do not inlcude my stats.

What else should I do? I don't want to stop 4-tabling. Should I start a new PT database so it doesn't have to cycle through so many hands? This seems like a shame considering all the great data I have but I'm more concerned about getting reads on players I've never played before so I can quickly identify fish. This means I would rather see data from the day I'm playing than worry about stats I've collected over the last few months. This has been really frustrating!

krazyace5
01-24-2005, 07:22 AM
Are you sure you have hide my stats checked? Thats what I did and it works great now.

Just wondering since the first time I clicked the table averages instead thinking that was the right one.

Dangergirl
01-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Droolie,
Maybe you have other processes running in the background that aren't allowing PV to run well. What kind of internet browser are you running and have you done a spyware check or virus scan? That's the only other thing I can think of because you have sufficient ram.

droolie
01-25-2005, 02:47 PM
I use mozilla and have solid spyware and virus scans/ protection. There are tons of processes running on my computer though but I'm not sure which ones I can disable. I just want to come up with a solution to playerview using up 100% of CPU. If I could solve that one thing I'd be all set.

This was never a problem for me prior to the most recent update (1-10-05) of playerview. I posted this question in their messageboard and received no feedback...

Stefan Prodan
01-26-2005, 05:02 PM
I tried to run playerview but I found it too annoying since it seems like you have to manually place all your stats for all 10 seats at the table. Is this true?

Also, someone said you don't have to have PT running in the background--how does that work? Does it actually update in real time? If so, I'm going to switch to that instead of GameTime+.

Dangergirl
01-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Droolie,
I searched the PV website to find what type of updates there were on the 1/10 release, but they aren't listed. As for what are the necessary startup processes needed, you can always to a quick search on google. Perhaps, your database is too large for your processor to handle. The only other suggestion I can give you is to maybe revert back to the PV version prior to the most recent patch. If it worked great for you try and uninstall the newly downloaded PV and re-install your prior version. You might also want to try what you said as well, start a new database. Sorry I couldn't help.

droolie
01-27-2005, 01:16 PM
DG- Thanks for your help. I think chris from playerview may have solved my problem. The hand histories were not being removed from my hand history folders even though I have the settings set correctly to remove them to a different folder after they are auto-imported. I removed them manually and everything seemed to work just fine. I also reconfigured my auto-import to only search the skin I'm currently using not all three as I had it on before.

Dangergirl
01-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Sweet! I'm glad you got it fixed /images/graemlins/smile.gif