PDA

View Full Version : Taking a stab at the blinds

Steve
01-20-2005, 02:14 AM
Once the blinds start getting high in a typical multi-table, I often get myself in trouble when making a move on the blinds.

Let's say I'm on the button w/ A2 and it's folded to me. The blinds are t100/t200 so I make it t600 to go. If I get re-raised I don't know what to do. I'm probably outkicked or against a pair. But just folding every time I get re-raised seems weak. Should I not be raising in the first place?

Xhiggy
01-20-2005, 03:04 AM
if you're getting played back at more, then tighten up a bit and get more value out of your stronger hands. you'll get more respect likely since the bb (or sb) will think, "he knows I can come over the top of him, but he's still doing it, maybe he has a real hand this time." (of course they could be thinking that as well, but you should have some grasp of what level they're at). stack size also matters A LOT..., it's difficult to put your "raise to 600" in perspective without knowing the stack sizes of those involved.

zaxx19
01-20-2005, 04:54 AM
YUP.

It always starts out with that....

Then I proceed to fire all my "shells" bc I think im Stu Ungar or something /images/graemlins/confused.gif. I think the key thing is to know when to stop trying to steal the pot on a steal.