PDA

View Full Version : huh?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-20-2005, 01:59 AM
Specifically the turn and river. Villian in this hand hadn't gotten out of line as far as I could tell.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Entity
01-20-2005, 02:00 AM
It's fine. I'm guessing you're folding to a 3-bet?

Schizo
01-20-2005, 03:55 AM
It's headsup and you showed aggression PF and bet the flop. Why wouldn't you bet the turn? Are you going for a free card?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Normally I do, but lately when I'm in this position heads-up against the small blind I have been more inclined to check the turn if my hand doesn't have showdown value unimproved (if I had AQ I'd probably bet the turn and take a free showdown on the river). Here I felt that SB would likely call down with any pair and maybe Ace high, so I figured I'd take a free card and check/fold the river unimproved.

I also thought if I hit on the river I might be able to extract an extra bet because my opponent would be inclined to bet the river with more marginal holdings, allowing me to safely raise.

I dunno how legit this thought process is, which is why I posted the hand.