PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments in Vegas, daily? etc...

TheCroShow
01-19-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm going to Vegas in May and would like to play in at least one tournament. I can see myself spending anywhere between $25-$75 for an entry fee, what kind of action can I count on finding? I'm also going to sit at 2/4 tables whenever I play. As you can tell I do not have a huge bankroll. hehe If any of you can offer me some info or advice it would be much appreciated.

woodguy
01-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Click on B&M Cardrooms under General Gambling on the forum listings on the left and look for my post.

I just posted a very similar question and pucknpoker gave me enough info and links to play for a month.

Regards,
Woodguy

jennicide
01-20-2005, 12:11 AM
Pick up an issue of cardplayer. In the back it'll show all the tournament listings. They have dailies at the Plaza, Bellagio, Mirage, Rio, Imperial Palace, Golden Nugget, etc. All the buy-ins vary.

webmonarch
01-20-2005, 12:17 AM
The Sahara has one every evening at 7 PM, I believe. The competition is marginal, at best. Any 2+2er who plays there would have an excellent chance of making the money. The buy in is $40, plus a $20 re-buy.

I played it three nights. I was bad-beated on two of the three nights, and on the third I made a bad all-in bet. Basically, if you can avoid the beats and play good poker, you have to like your chances there.

Others are at the Aladdin, which has a mid-day tourney, and the Luxor, which has a late morning. I was one spot from the money at the Luxor one.