PDA

View Full Version : The "household names" who owe millions...

jcmack13
01-19-2005, 10:07 PM
I've read around the internet in several places that some or many of the most famous poker players are always staked in tourneys, owe backers more than they can possibly pay back, and in general are not the "successful gamblers" they are perceived to be. Who are these pros? Only people i can think to rule out are the players in the 4k/8k game, that is, doyle, reese, ivey, negreanu, etc. But, everyone else, then?

lucas9000
01-19-2005, 10:09 PM
the chance you'll get a legitimately credible response to this question in such a forum as this is close to 0.

pancakes
01-20-2005, 12:12 AM
but he shouldn't feel bad about that because no body gets a legitimate reply in this forum anymore not even the meaningful post that actually have to do with poker and heaven forbid a guy make a post to ask for strategy advice without getting mauled by forum junkies with their evers so witty remarks who try to get attention and run up their post counts so thier post mates will still admire them

__Q__
01-20-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but he shouldn't feel bad about that because no body gets a legitimate reply in this forum anymore not even the meaningful post that actually have to do with poker and heaven forbid a guy make a post to ask for strategy advice without getting mauled by forum junkies with their evers so witty remarks who try to get attention and run up their post counts so thier post mates will still admire them

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep posting like that, and you too, will be Carpel some day.

Robrizob
01-20-2005, 12:40 AM
I don't think it says anywhere that this forum has anything to do with strategy. This question might better fall under the "news, views, gossip" forum, but this forum has, as far as I know, never purported to be about poker strategy. There are many other forums for that.