PDA

View Full Version : Possibly interesting idea for a line of posts... give me help

pshreck
01-19-2005, 09:50 PM
I was just thinking that I generally consider the posters on the this forum to be between above average intelligence to highly intelligent. You guys seem to have really clever posts, and responses on a daily basis. From what I know, most of you seem highly capable in accomplishing tasks.

So... I was thinking I could use this board to see if people knew how I could get something done, something that is really tough. I'm not talking about impossible things or things that are ridiculously hard, I'm talking about random little things that it is hard to figure out on your own.

So I'll give an example (and I really do want help on this).

I want to see the movie, Cannibal Holocaust, before the end of the day tomorrow.

It is not banned in the U.S., it is just very hard to get.

I live in Hartford, CT., and would be willing to drive up to 25 miles in any direction in order to get the dvd. I am willing to pay up to 25 bucks for it.

Whoever figures it out, or whatever multiple posters figure it out, I will 'owe you one', and that goes a good ways in my book.

So... someone help me.

lucas9000
01-19-2005, 09:57 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078935/sales

looks like the dvd (region 2, btw) is out of print, but there are some copies on vhs. maybe there's a vcd floating around the internet somewhere. good luck man.

ThaSaltCracka
01-19-2005, 09:59 PM
it sounds horrible.

bleh

jakethebake
01-19-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it sounds horrible.

bleh

[/ QUOTE ]

Samir Nagheenanajar: Yes, this is horrible, this idea.

cnfuzzd
01-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Is this a joke?

Just kidding.

The best i could come up with is this (http://www.divxmovies.com/community/listMovies.php?handle=Lc&page=2)

but you might want to spend the next few hours trying to verify the legitimacy of the site, although it does seem to be available to download.

peace

john nickle

pshreck
01-19-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a joke?

Just kidding.

The best i could come up with is this (http://www.divxmovies.com/community/listMovies.php?handle=Lc&page=2)

but you might want to spend the next few hours trying to verify the legitimacy of the site, although it does seem to be available to download.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... Im impressed by this.

Although the liklihood of me spending 19.99 for unlimited access to all movies seems soo fishy. Either way, Ill check this out.

Thanks fuzz.

Manimal
01-19-2005, 10:12 PM
If you have broadband, search Torrentspy.com - you should be able to get it tonight.

If you want to own it, revok.com is selling copies, but they say they're closed for business while relocating and will re-open in early 2005.

Edit: Just checked Ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=635936284 4&rd=1

It's a Buy it now, but I don't think you could possibly get it by tomorrow evening.

bholdr
01-19-2005, 10:15 PM
C'mon! give us something HARD!

i think it's a great idea for a series of posts, say one a week?

pshreck
01-19-2005, 10:34 PM
You guys made this look easy. I should be watching it about 90 minutes from now.

Thanks all who helped, I am impressed even if it was easy to you.

I think it would be cool to continue this, but obviously with a more interesting/tougher question.

Also, I think it would be good to slap a time limit on it, just makes things more interesting. I won't make another one tonight, but others are welcome too, obviously.

lucas9000
01-19-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll bite... find me a place where i can buy (must be in-stock) non-bootleg copies of:

1) mr. lif's single "elektro/the nothing" (12" vinyl)

2) kno's "the white albulum"

jakethebake
01-19-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll bite... find me a place where i can buy (must be in-stock) non-bootleg copies of:

1) mr. lif's single "elektro/the nothing" (12" vinyl)

2) kno's "the white albulum"

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have been anything. I could have been a fisherman. Fishermen, they get up in the morning, they fish, they sell fish, they smell fish. Reminds me of a girl I used to go with, Yvonne. She smelled like fish.