PDA

View Full Version : Do dreams make you not sleep as well?

brassnuts
01-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Last night was one of the most active nights I've had in a while, as dreaming activity is concerned. Also, there were a little more vivid that usual, yet still very surreal (possibly more than usual also).

Anyways, I usually sleep around 8 hours and feel fine. But, last night I slept for a little over 10 hours and woke up feeling very groggy.

Is there any correlation between intesity/amount of dreams and quality of sleep?

Yeti
01-19-2005, 08:48 PM
Was she good?

pshreck
01-19-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Last night was one of the most active nights I've had in a while, as dreaming activity. Also, there were a little more vivid that usual, yet still very surreal (possibly more than usual also).

Anyways, I usually sleep around 8 hours and feel fine. But, last night I slept for a little over 10 hours and woke up feeling very groggy.

Is there any correlation between intesity/amount of dreams and quality of sleep?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think it is dreams, it is just your sleep cycle.

I remember sometimes when I had to be at work at 5 am. If I went to bed at midnight I was screwed, but if I went to sleep at 1 am or so, I woke up just feeling a little tired, but not overly groggy.

If I wake up after sleeping from 10-11 hours I generally feel awful. 8-9 hours is usually perfect.

BullChip
01-19-2005, 08:55 PM
I think if you sleep too much you can feel more tired than if you slept a little less, perhaps 6-8 hrs. I find that when I sleep for any amount in the double digits, I generally wake up w/ a lack of energy.

wacki
01-19-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a bit complex and I don't have time to go into it right now.... got stuff to do. If you are under a lot of stress then you will have nightmares which = poor quality of sleep. There are other things that will prevent you from getting quality sleep as well. But in short, quality does not = quantity. There was a Japanese man that was developing a method to reduce the amount of sleep we would need down to 45 minutes.