PDA

View Full Version : Stop & Stop & Go?

Big Limpin'
01-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Anyone do this ever? From EP/blinds, call a p/f raise, premeditated checkraise. Especially if flop looks bad for AK-type hands.

Its almost a lock that original raiser takes a stab at pot when you check to him. If he hits or misses flop. This S&S&G would net the hero more chips than the S&G. But i guess the villian has more licence to call you down if he has outs, because pot is bigger. The tadeoff is that the c/r looks damn powerful, and can make 2nd button muck, if stack deep enough. But if the stacks are still pretty deep reletive to the blinds, you wouldnt want to try anything this risky.

And, of course, you are gone either way if he flops well.

Can you think of scenarios when a S&S&G is better than S&G?

(not that i do this much, but always looking for edges)

Irieguy
01-19-2005, 09:13 PM
As powerful as the Stop & Stop & Go is, it pales in comparison to the Stop & Stop & Stop & Go... where you cold call the flop bet with a premeditated plan to bet the turn no matter what comes.

Of course, both of these plays are JV compared to the Stop & Stop & min-GO & Stop & push play... which, quite frankly, is just too valuable to explain here.

Irieguy

Big Limpin'
01-19-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Stop & Stop & min-GO & Stop & push play...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Snap! I've been going stop/stop/stop/minGO/check-push.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif Talk about a rookie mistake. No wonder i they always call at the wrong times.

Perhaps it all gets filed under "solid situational awareness", same as taking the pot when they run out of gas

wiggs73
01-20-2005, 01:07 AM
Today, I used the stop & go & go. Cold-called pre-flop raise, bet out on flop, which got min-raised by original raiser. I proceeded to re-raise, but not all-in. He folded and things were good.

Scuba Chuck
01-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Today I had to stop-go-merge.

It didn't work out so well...

pooh74
01-20-2005, 12:29 PM
I prefer Stop & Shop over A&P...any thoughts?

The Yugoslavian
01-20-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As powerful as the Stop & Stop & Go is, it pales in comparison to the Stop & Stop & Stop & Go... where you cold call the flop bet with a premeditated plan to bet the turn no matter what comes.

Of course, both of these plays are JV compared to the Stop & Stop & min-GO & Stop & push play... which, quite frankly, is just too valuable to explain here.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I often execute the stop & stop & stop & stop & stop & fold method. I'm a beast when hitting on all cylanders with this move. I once took Giga, Sevnfigures and that other brother for about 15k with this move.

I'll let others elaborate.

Yugoslav