PDA

View Full Version : NBA 1/19

01-19-2005, 04:11 PM
YTD (posted) 10-5

1. Bulls/Celtics over 194 1/2:

The Celtics have not played in 5 days. They are rested and will score points tonight, as they do often. Meanwhile, their defense is terrible. Since 12/13, the Celtics have given up less than 100 points only 3 times, to Atlanta (stinks), Golden State (stinks), and New Orleans (stinks). Chicago put up 102 against them in CHI 10 days ago. I think at least one team breaks 100 and the other is in the high 90s. I look twice anytime I can get the Celtics number under 200.

2 and 3. Memphis +3 @ Phoenix and under 197 1/2:

Nash out again tonight. We've seen that PHX is a totally different team without him (if this absence hasn't sealed him as MVP ... well, that's another story). Meanwhile, the Grizz have won 9 of 10. With the very d minded Fratello as coach, they have not allowed more than 89 points in a game since 1/1 (a span of 7 games). PHX, meanwhile, in its last 3, scored 83 (against IND -- good defense), 103 (against WAS -- putrid defense), and 80 (against DET, good defense). They might get to the high 80s here, but that's it. 6th in 9 for PHX too, first after a rather lengthy roadtrip. I think MEM probably wins it outright, holds PHX in the 80s, and scores mid-high 90s.

ttleistdci
01-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Is it too much to ask for the Celts and Bulls to put up some points here?
Over's not lookin too good right now. 157 points w/ 6:30 to go. Let's hope for OT!

01-19-2005, 11:56 PM
I knew we were in trouble when on the pre-game they asked Doc Rivers what he did with his 5-day break and he said they worked on defense. And still the first q goes for 56.

At least we look like we've got a shot for both in MEM/PHX. 70-64 MEM 10 left as I type this.

ttleistdci
01-20-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I knew we were in trouble when on the pre-game they asked Doc Rivers what he did with his 5-day break and he said they worked on defense. And still the first q goes for 56.

At least we look like we've got a shot for both in MEM/PHX. 70-64 MEM 10 left as I type this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Under is looking money in the MEM/PHX game. 152 w/ 3 min. left. MEM is also looking pretty good. Still plenty of time to play though.

I took a hit on the CHI/BOS game. Took CHI and the over...both were looking good till the 2nd half when CHI hit NOTHING.

Hoping to just about break even with the MEM game and have a little on MIN -3.

01-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Memphis wins outright and the under was never in doubt. Gotta like those.

2-1 today. YTD (posted) 12-6.

F'n Bulls. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ttleistdci
01-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Memphis and the under both hit...back to (almost) even on the night. Now hoping Minnesota can take car of the Kobe-less Lakers.

Right now Magic is trying to convince Jim Gray that the Lakers are gonna make more money this year than they have in the last 5 years.
So, lemme get this staight...your star player, who everyone is sick of, chases the best center and the best coach in the league out of town then all but makes up a future hall-of-famer's (Malone) mind that he wants out too, your team is mediocre at best, and most people couldn't give a crap about the hodge-podge of players you have left, but you're going to make more money than you did when you had the best team in the league for three straight years?
That's almost as ridiculous as that run-on sentence!

01-20-2005, 01:31 AM
Two words for you: CHRIS MIHM. If those aren't synonymous with "box office bonanza", nothing is.

anatta
01-20-2005, 05:15 AM
What about what they said about Mihm tonight, "He's long, and he's more athletic then you might think". I think that's another way of saying, "Although he's seven feet tall and white, he's not a total stiff."

01-20-2005, 10:59 AM
In other words, he's no Mike Smrek.

Runner Runner
01-20-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In other words, he's no Mike Smrek.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, are you going back a ways. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

In terms of Laker greats, you can think of Mihm as a taller, cooler version of Kurt Rambis.