PDA

View Full Version : New Bar...Weird Experience...(kinda long)

jakethebake
01-19-2005, 04:07 PM
I recently changed my regular after-work bar. The new place is across from my old one, which happens to be across the street from work.

The new place, which just opened, has extremely hot barmaids, $5 buy-one, get-one beers (so $5 for two) and they're good beers, Bass, Guinness, etc. And generally better looking clientele as well. It's perfect.

Yesterday I had a weird experience there. Since I've been going there, I've seen this one homeless guy several times. He comes in looking all disheveled and dirty. He has this horribly greasy, scruffy mullet and he's always filthy. One day i sat near him and he really smelled. Anyway, I walk by this hair salon near there yesterday at lunch and he was working there. Then yesterday evening this one barmaid tells me he's French and is the top stylist in Miami and owns salons in NY , LA & Paris as well. Why would anyone let someone like this have anything to do with their personal grooming?

The other part of this rambling tale is that now i have to walk across to this bar and the people at the old bar always see me and wave. I feel bad. I got to know the bartenders and waitresses and othe clientele at the other place, but I have to go where the eye candy is right? Not to mention the beer specials? Right? Right? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

IndieMatty
01-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Jake,

Please don't take this the wrong way. Your life is like a sitcom. Arn't you married? Do you go out by yourself to booze after work each day? Can I hang out with you?

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-19-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jake,

Please don't take this the wrong way. Your life is like a sitcom. Arn't you married? Do you go out by yourself to booze after work each day? Can I hang out with you?

[/ QUOTE ]
I couldn't have said it better myself.

swede123
01-19-2005, 04:18 PM
In regards to the first point, you did mention that he's French...no more discussion needed.

As far as the second point, if your original bar wanted to keep quality patrons like yourself they should hire hotter waitresses and price their drinks more competitively. Don't sweat going to this other place. Maybe patronize your old joint a few times per month, but that's it.

Also, since you're obviously a regular, check if they offer any kind of rake-back deal on their beers. If you spend $500 a month there it's no more than fair to ask for at least $100 of it back at the tail end.

Cheers,

Swede

ThaSaltCracka
01-19-2005, 04:24 PM
you are totally Homer Simpson.

jakethebake
01-19-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jake, Please don't take this the wrong way. Your life is like a sitcom. Arn't you married? Do you go out by yourself to booze after work each day? Can I hang out with you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Usually it's like one beer to unwind after work then I go home, but point taken. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shajen
01-19-2005, 04:30 PM
I find the "guy's a famous stylist" line to be BS. My wife goes to a pretty ritzy (for Atlanta) hair salon and the people who work there are slaves to the latest trends. It's truly sad, but I guess they have to to keep up. The guys a smelly bum.

As for the rest, I'd pop in the old bar occasionally and basically let them know that you're all about the honeys and the $2.50 beers. If they can match that, sweet. If not, well, they already know why.

LALDAAS
01-19-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
extremely hot barmaids

[/ QUOTE ] Dont ever look back!

I have no answer for the dirty guy.

LALDAAS
01-19-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jake,

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to down play jake's life but You should see my life. I wonder what would happen if several 2+2ers lived in the same apt. building.

jakethebake
01-19-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jake,

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to down play jake's life but You should see my life. I wonder what would happen if several 2+2ers lived in the same apt. building.

[/ QUOTE ]
New reality show?

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-19-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jake,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I imagine it to be much like dorm life.

jakethebake
01-19-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
New reality show?

[/ QUOTE ]
I like that idea. I'm starting a new thread.

lapoker17
01-19-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my regular after-work bar

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

LALDAAS
01-19-2005, 04:59 PM
From everything in OOT this week the scene in the hallway would be cleaning services cleaning up Empty beer cans, vomit, some poop, and remains of 5 year olds that we all tracked in.

elwoodblues
01-19-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Usually it's like one beer to unwind after work then I go home

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, it's now two beers to unwind.

jakethebake
01-19-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Usually it's like one beer to unwind after work then I go home

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently, it's now two beers to unwind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually that's one more attraction of the new bar. They give you a little wooden chip to redeem for the second beer. You can use it whenever you want. So I actually only have to pay for a beer every other day. And for anyone reading the other thread on tipping, yes, I DO still tip them everyday. /images/graemlins/grin.gif