PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss A bet??

07-16-2002, 05:18 PM
Middle pos.limps I raise with JJ,small blind{Don a over agressive bad player calls along with the limper}.The flop is 7h7cJs {it could have been worse}The SB.bets Mid.Pos.calls as I.The turn is a 2d,The small blind again bets,and gets a call from the Mid Pos.Now Heres MY THINKING no one else raised before the flop so I didnt think I had to worry about anyone having a high pair in hand and getting lucky on me,There was no straight or flush draws for them to draw tocall a raise ,so I just called.DID I MISS A BET??On the river came a King, the SB checked{NUTS}as did the Mid.Pos.I bet the S.B. folded Mid Pos. called with KQand I won the pot.My pal {A PRO}happened to see the hand and said something like I have a case of fuzzy thinking.I would appreicate any well thought comments.

07-16-2002, 06:56 PM
You had a very nice read on the players. You ended up getting a large pot, with players who totally missed the flop congratulations.

In this spot you played perfectly, just none of them had a hand at all. You even got middle position to call with KQ( he was clearly a bad player as well). They may have called your raise on the flop, but you would have made nothing after that. So the way you played it ended up being the most profitable for this situtation as far as I can tell, I don't know a lot more than what you said about SB and the MP.

07-16-2002, 10:55 PM
With 2 callers, most players that have 1 bet in already on the turn are commited. Particularly bad ones. However, I don't think that the way you played it was a huge mistake either.

07-18-2002, 12:34 AM
I think that if you raise it would have been better. (since you were last) KQ would probably still call providing S.B. calls. What was S.B. on? a gut shot draw seems most like likely, and if he's in there that far he would probably pay another bet that he wouldn't pay on the river. My only thinking is that they probably won't both fold, and the pot will be big enough on the river that if one will call. So you probably end up the same or plus 1. (sometimes you get lucky and gut shot hits, then you get paid off big time, as he probably had you on trips)

07-18-2002, 05:55 AM
The bilnd proubly never had a pair.He proubly put me on AK which was a bad card for me because it stopped him from betting the river.the mid pos. hit his hand though and he was afraid to bet.See what kind of players I have to face.{I love this country}.