PDA

View Full Version : A most unusual SNG at Party 10+1

Rexagnirk
01-19-2005, 02:38 PM
I've played a lot of SNG's, but about a week ago as was involved i a pretty weird one.

Party SNG 10+1, 8 players left, blinds 50/100. One player is down to 6 chips. He triples (A10s v A2o, SB folding) to 18. Next hand he quadruples to 72 (K3o v KdQd, AdTd, SB folds). 2 hands later he triples (K2o v T6o), and after that his K7s beats T2o and now he's got 532 chips. As I'm sure you've figured out by now, he went on to win it!

I myself busted out - in the same tournament - after these quite unusual hands.

6 players left, blinds 100/200. I'm down to ~700 when I get AA in SB. Villan raises all-in ~1700) with KJo, I call - and win. Including the BB I picked up, I now have ~1600 after posting the BB. Well, lucky me, because on the very next hand I pick up KK! Villan - the same as in the previous hand - raises all-in, I push, blinds fold. Now he shows AA, no help on the board. Well, I couldn't do anything about that one, but at least I still had chips left (~550).

On the very next hand someone is saying "what are the odds!". They should only now I say to myself, because lo and behold, guess who picked up AA again!

UTG folds, UGT+1 calls, I push, button folds, blinds fold, limper calls. And shows KK!

On this hand I was unfortunately outdrawn. I guess it would be too difficult for the comeback-from-6-chips to succeed if I was being dealt KK and AA all the time /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It may be just one out of 100 tournaments I've played the last two weeks. But I'll remember this one for a long time /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

other1
01-19-2005, 03:33 PM
I was once down to 5 chips and went on to win. I got blinded all in twice in a row, winning both, and then had a good hand or two, and next thing I know I was chipleader. It was mostly luck, at least until I built back a decent stack, but man was it f'ing awesome. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Laomedon
01-19-2005, 04:56 PM
The lowest I have ever come back from in a Party 10+1 is having 60 chips and then coming back to win the whole thing. Indeed luck is imperative, but after I had ~700 I knew what to do.