PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Director

guller
01-19-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm going to start using td for my home tourney's. I've been messing around with it a little bit and have a question. Do you just move people to new seats when it says to,or do you somehow account for the blinds? What is the practice here?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I posted in the software forum with no replies.

Lottery Larry
01-19-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't use TD, but when I move people I try to match them up by position to the button at both tables.

Drac
01-19-2005, 01:52 PM
In my smaller tournaments I move them with respect to the blinds. In the bigger ones I just go with the software as it would eat up too much time otherwise.

TwinTowers
01-19-2005, 08:19 PM
I use TD for everyting except for keeping track of seating. I try to keep the next person due the bling to move to the other table.

Some people would rather TD keep track of the seating, thereby removing any responsibility from the host or anyone else. Cant argue with a computer.

CptMisery
01-19-2005, 08:45 PM
I use Tournament Director and let it take care of seating. As it is a random process when it comes to moving players between tables I do not take position into account.

A few players commented that they were just the blind but I explain that seating changes are completely random and decided by the computer program. Each and every player had a chance to be the player who was moved, so nobody can claim that it was unfair. In the long run everyone will experience an unfavorable move so it will balance out in the end.

TimDugan
01-20-2005, 12:25 AM
I use TD for everything, including seat changes. The players understand that it's random and if they get stuck in the BB twice in a row, that's just the bad luck of the random computer aided table balancing.

TenPercenter
01-20-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I use TD for everything, including seat changes. The players understand that it's random and if they get stuck in the BB twice in a row, that's just the bad luck of the random computer aided table balancing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, you can let that person sit out of hands until they ARE the big blind at the new table... shouldn't be more than a few hands.

Ten