PDA

View Full Version : Correct forum for limit SnG's?

Hawkeye27
01-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Just dont see any posts concerning limit tourneys. I assume stats like ITM will be comparable but are there any limit players out there? Or should I just break down and learn NL?

etgryphon
01-19-2005, 12:08 PM
It is a great play to learn NL in a SnG because it is cheap and you can get into lots of different situations. Make the jump!

-Gryph

(my name it is) Sam Hall
01-19-2005, 02:08 PM
I think the better players play NL because that's what the vast majority of really bad players, those who dump a pile of chips on the table to the first person who has higher than an A5 to call their all-in, play NL. Just a guess. I, being one of the bad players /images/graemlins/smirk.gif, started on limit and made the jump to NL about two months later. NL is more fun, but I'll still talk limit, from my limited low-limit limit experience.

Sam (who is currently distracted with Omaha8)

raptor517
01-19-2005, 03:39 PM
in a NL sng, the thing that makes the best players the best and the worse players not the best, is the ability to go all in on and near the bubble to steal blinds. note the key words, all in. in limit, you can only raise a certain amount. therefore, you dont get near as much fold equity as if you push. NL isnt too hard, just play tight early and push a lot late. easy enough eh?

poindexter
01-19-2005, 04:12 PM
don’t give up on limit. The vast majority of people who recommend switching to NL do not understand or know how to beat the limit game. There are plenty of fish in the limit game at every level. The betting structure attracts fish that like to chase without odds. This increases variance and bad beats but it gives the good player a nice advantage over the long run.
Poindexter aka fishyplayer

Hawkeye27
01-19-2005, 05:10 PM
I certainly havent had any problems finding horrid players at the $30 limit level. I'm surprised that there are 10x the number of NL games than limit, although I guess they dont play limit on TV, lol.

Anyone play the $50 limit SnG's? Whats the level of play there?