PDA

View Full Version : Guess Villian's Hand...

Obliky
01-19-2005, 08:04 AM
Ok so this is in my first session after moving from 0.10/0.25 to 0.01/0.02...the play is obviously alot looser and people will stay in with pretty much any two cards. Analysis on my play would be nice..but as an added bonus you get the official title of 'Jedi Knight' if you can guess Villian's cards. (Villian is the Button)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($3.39)
SB ($5.11)
BB ($0.80)
UTG ($4)
MP1 ($3.82)
Hero ($4.84)
CO ($1.84)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 calls $0.02, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.1</font>, CO calls $0.10, Button calls $0.10, SB folds, BB calls $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.51) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.2</font>, CO folds, Button calls $0.20, BB calls $0.20, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($1.11) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.2</font>, BB calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($1.71) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $2.89 (All-In)</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $2.89.

Final Pot: $7.49

Ill post the results in a bit, obviously i lost this hand so that narrows down his possible hands /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-19-2005, 08:08 AM
42d

MarkL444
01-19-2005, 08:09 AM
thats my guess too

Obliky
01-19-2005, 08:13 AM
oooo so close /images/graemlins/smile.gif

What do u guys think of my play? Should i have bet the pot on the flop? And should i have called on the river?

Some stats on the Villian: VP$IP 66.67
PFR 18.52
AF 2

boondockst
01-19-2005, 08:43 AM
33???

Obliky
01-19-2005, 08:48 AM
nope /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Id like this whole game alot more if i had won the hand /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-19-2005, 08:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nope /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Id like this whole game alot more if i had won the hand /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

33 would beat you.

Sephus
01-19-2005, 08:50 AM
6d4d, duh.

Obliky
01-19-2005, 08:50 AM
Yeah i know, TBH i didnt put him on the full house..otherwise i would never have tried to draw to my flush.

Obliky
01-19-2005, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
6d4d, duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol correct!

Here are the results:

Hero has K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif (flush, king high).
Button has 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (straight flush, seven high).
Outcome: Button wins $7.49.

Any comments on my play?

TheWorstPlayer
01-19-2005, 08:59 AM
You have apparently attended the increasingly popular school of pathetically weak flop betting. Bet the pot on the flop and this hand is done.

Obliky
01-19-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have apparently attended the increasingly popular school of pathetically weak flop betting. Bet the pot on the flop and this hand is done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree..i dont know why i didnt bet the pot...i KNOW i have to but then i chicken out. I think its because i think that they are likely to call me with any kind of drawing hand anyway so why waste the money? But that is obviously the wrong way to play because if i bet the pot and they are drawing then its a mistake for them to call as they (usually) arent getting the pot odds.

In this hand Villian has so many cards he can catch (15 i think..) that he would be correct calling a pot sized bet...but still..by not betting the pot im definately giving him odds to draw.

Im going to write 'BET THE POT!' on a piece of paper and stick it to my monitor so i wont forget again....

boondockst
01-19-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's going to call a preflop raise with these cards, how could he be pushed out on the flop? he picked up a flush draw and OESD and you think he'll fold it?

I still have yet to be sflushed and i feel when it does happen i'll take it in stride as it's not likely to happen with any regularity.

Edit: It's sure not practiced at that level if you're playing 64s but by the FTOP...Villain is a 7 to 4 favorite on that flop...i've had success with similar draws (usually with higher connectors but same deal)

edge
01-19-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree..i dont know why i didnt bet the pot...i KNOW i have to but then i chicken out. I think its because i think that they are likely to call me with any kind of drawing hand anyway so why waste the money? But that is obviously the wrong way to play because if i bet the pot and they are drawing then its a mistake for them to call as they (usually) arent getting the pot odds.

In this hand Villian has so many cards he can catch (15 i think..) that he would be correct calling a pot sized bet...but still..by not betting the pot im definately giving him odds to draw.

Im going to write 'BET THE POT!' on a piece of paper and stick it to my monitor so i wont forget again....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think betting the pot is a good idea here. In fact, I'd check/fold this flop against four players. All you have is a draw to TPTK and a backdoor second-nut flush draw, and it's hard to bluff out four players, especially at this level. There's almost no way you're ahead at this point, so just give up on this hand.

Sephus
01-19-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I totally agree..i dont know why i didnt bet the pot...i KNOW i have to but then i chicken out. I think its because i think that they are likely to call me with any kind of drawing hand anyway so why waste the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

NOT making a play you KNOW is right is the REAL waste of money. theory of poker, people.

amoeba
01-19-2005, 11:40 AM
I don't agree.

villain has OESD + flush draw. he is favorite on flop.

Now unless by done you mean, most decent players would raise you all in with 64d when you bet pot and you can safely fold.