PDA

View Full Version : 10$ sng ladbrokes

tow75
01-19-2005, 06:48 AM
Hi, this is my first post so please kind to me.
Big mistake not to bet the turn?

Thanks for your opinions.

10+1 ladbrokes SNG
6 players left
Blinds 50/100
hero 4k
utg 4k
Ohthers 1-2K
hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif
utg calls
sb calls
hero checks
Flop 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif
hero checks
utg bets 300
sb folds
hero calls
turn 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif
hero checks
utg bets 300
hero calls
river 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif
hero checks
utg bets 300
hero raise for 1200
utg calls 900

Result in white:
<font color="white">utg wins with a flush has T8h </font>

networkman
01-19-2005, 07:40 AM
I'd be interested to see how others would play this as well.

Well, I would've played that flop as the aggressor and then bet the pot or all in on the turn (depending on stacks vs. pot size).

abacusse
01-19-2005, 08:04 AM
I would definitely be more aggressive on the turn..

Insty
01-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Just call the river bet with the possible flush on the board.

gorgeous
01-19-2005, 11:27 AM
1. fold on the flop
2. checking on the turn is OK for a check-raise but not a check-call
3. just call the river bet

etgryphon
01-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Ding Ding we have a winner...

Concise and right on...

-Gryph

dogsballs
01-19-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1. fold on the flop
2. checking on the turn is OK for a check-raise but not a check-call
3. just call the river bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold the flop = yucky weak. Anyone who doesn't bet this flop needs supplemental calcium to strengthen their backbone.

Cry Me A River
01-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Bet the flop. This is textbook semibluff - it's exactly the kind of hand that can hit a BB right between the eyes and looks really scary when you bet it. If he does call you, then check/fold the turn unless you make your hand.

If you can't stomach betting the flop, then fold. Do not be a calling station!!

Having made your hand on the turn, checkraise it (or just bet it straight out)! Villain has shown aggression, there's no need to slowplay and if he calls/comes back over the top of you, you should probably start to think about a flooped house or quads though realistically I'm never getting away with this hand and I'd be perfectly happy seeing all our chips go in on the turn.

Think about *why* you slowplay. You slowplay for basically two reasons - So your opponent thinks you don't have the monster hand that the board is showing and/or so your opponent can catch a second best hand which he will bet/call with.

Since villain bets the turn, he obviously already has a hand he likes so you don't have to wait for him to get one and he either doesn't believe you have the straight or his hand actually beats the straight. There's really nothing to be gained here by slowplaying except risking a suckout - What if he actually has T9 and he's been betting his OESD (like you should have) and a 6 comes on the river? Or what if he's been betting with a 7 and the board pairs?

Slim Pickens
01-19-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop = yucky weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold the flop = having the same number of chips starting the next hand. 4-handed = weak play. 6 handed = conservative, but not weak.

Slim (ghost of Sam Hall, whose SN was too long)