PDA

View Full Version : A couple of semi-bluff hands, Pstars .5/1

PoBoy321
01-19-2005, 03:54 AM
So I'm playing the Pstars .5/1 games, pick up 8T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the CO, a couple of limpers to me, I call.

Flop comes 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

I check, villain bets, I check/raise all-in.

Villain calls, turn comes a T, river comes a J, no /images/graemlins/diamond.gif but I win the pot anyway. He goes off about "how could I get all my money in on a draw," but it was a huge draw and I figured I had some fold equity.

Anyway, a few hands later, I pick up 66 in LP. about 4 callers to the flop. flop comes something like Q62, with 2 /images/graemlins/club.gifs.

Villain bets, I push (a massive overbet of the pot).

Anyone like?

MarkL444
01-19-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I check, villain bets, I check/raise all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

im assuming everyone else folded to his bet?

PoBoy321
01-19-2005, 04:02 AM
Yeah, sorry, should've mentioned that. After he bet, everyone else dropped out and I pushed. Anyone left dropped out and it was up to the villain.

MarkL444
01-19-2005, 04:06 AM
bet amounts and pot sizes are important, but in a general sense i think your better off not doing this (unless the pot is large and the stacks are still deep enough so that he wont call a high %age of the time with a hand that is ahead of yours at the moment.)

jimdmcevoy
01-19-2005, 04:07 AM
I'd need all the info of stacks sizes and exact preflop and flop action to decide if this is a good play, but I reckon most of the time this is a good way to play it.

jimdmcevoy
01-19-2005, 04:09 AM
Second hand depends largely on opponents and stack sizes and exact action preflop and on the flop. But most of the time I would not do this.

TheWorstPlayer
01-19-2005, 04:16 AM
hand 1: you are ahead of a one pair hand and you even have a decent amount of equity against a set since you have a true straight flush draw. I like it.

Hand 2: we need more info on stack sizes, etc. but I think there are probably lines which will make more money on average than this one. Of course it depends on the player, your table image, your history with this opponent, etc. etc. etc.

PoBoy321
01-19-2005, 04:17 AM
Sorry, I should've mentioned this.

First hand, myself and the villain have about equal stacks, I think I had him covered by a little bit. Either way, both ~$50.

My thinking was that there was some money in the pot, I was about 50-50 against anything but a set, and I probably had some fold equity.

My question is really more about hand 2. The villain knows me to push my draws and be highly aggressive. The board is pretty draw heavy, so he might put me on the flush draw and call with something like AQ. I felt that by pushing that big semi-bluff in hand 1, I set myself up to get paid off in hand 2.

TheWorstPlayer
01-19-2005, 04:18 AM
Sounds about right.

PoBoy321
01-19-2005, 04:30 AM
In hand 2, villain had just rebought for ~$50. I had him covered with about $120. The first semi-bluff with the OESFD, I thought would set me up for a nice bluff with a made hand later on, e.g., hand 2.

PoBoy321
01-19-2005, 04:43 AM
Just in case it wasn't clear, villain in hand 1 is the villain hand 2.

kim2005
01-19-2005, 07:27 AM
For your play I know u r playing scary money or hate money,both good hand all in in a small pot.......

1st hand is ok but not best, I will lead on flop/turn/river,

2nd hand no point to all in for just drive out the Q pair and flush draw, I will raise and if turn no flush bet 3/4 pot