PDA

View Full Version : Who's folding this on the flop or turn ?

theredpill
01-19-2005, 02:59 AM
Bison no work.

Game #696278751 - (blinds $0.05/$0.10) No Limit Texas Hold'em -
2005/01/19-00:30:20.4 (CST)
Table "Discovery Bay" (real money) -- Seat 5 is the button
Seat 1: tut5000 ($11.67 in chips)
Seat 2: LmanCF ($6.90 in chips)
Seat 3: phawk ($13.40 in chips)
Seat 4: duffydo ($3.10 in chips)
Seat 5: Allupinit ($10.80 in chips)
Seat 6: Juicy1595 ($8.60 in chips)
Seat 7: ~mine~ ($11.85 in chips)
Seat 8: 4Seasons ($1.90 in chips)
Seat 9: tapster ($7.95 in chips)
Seat 10: Hero ($10.10 in chips)
Juicy1595: Post Small Blind ($0.05)
~mine~ : Post Big Blind ($0.10)
Dealing...
Dealt to Hero [ Kc ]
Dealt to Hero [ Ad ]
4Seasons: Call ($0.10)
tapster : Fold
Hero : Raise ($0.20)
tut5000 : Call ($0.20)
LmanCF : Call ($0.20)
phawk : Call ($0.20)
duffydo : Fold
Allupinit: Fold
Juicy1595: Call ($0.15)
~mine~ : Call ($0.10)
4Seasons: Call ($0.10)
*** FLOP *** : [ Tc Ks Ac ]
Juicy1595: Check
~mine~ : Check
4Seasons: Check
Hero : Bet ($1)
tut5000 : Fold
LmanCF : Raise ($2)
phawk : Fold
Juicy1595: Fold
~mine~ : Fold
4Seasons: Fold
Hero : Call ($1)
*** TURN *** : [ Tc Ks Ac ] [ 9h ]
: Check
LmanCF : Bet ($2)
Hero : Raise ($7.90)
LmanCF : Call All-in ($2.70)
*** RIVER *** : [ Tc Ks Ac 9h ] [ 9s ]
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: $14.10 | Rake: $0.70
Board: [ Tc Ks Ac 9h 9s ]
tut5000 lost $0.20 (folded)
LmanCF bet $6.90, collected $14.10, net +$7.20 (showed hand) [ Jc Qh ]
(a straight, ten to ace)
phawk lost $0.20 (folded)
duffydo didn't bet (folded)
Allupinit didn't bet (folded)
Juicy1595 lost $0.20 (folded)
~mine~ lost $0.20 (folded)
4Seasons lost $0.20 (folded)
tapster didn't bet (folded)
Hero bet $10.10, collected $3.20, net -$6.90 (showed hand) [ Kc Ad ]
(two pair, aces and kings)

BTW, suck my dick.

TheWorstPlayer
01-19-2005, 03:03 AM
I'll refrain from saying that you get what you deserve for min-raising preflop and instead I'll just say that I wouldn't have folded on the flop or turn, since that was the question asked.

istewart
01-19-2005, 03:03 AM
Lead out on the turn, DO NOT CHECK THAT TURN. If he raises you again reconsider, but I'm probably still calling his stack all the way.

theredpill
01-19-2005, 03:14 AM
what's wrong with a minimum raise preflop ? Are my eyes failing me ? Do I need new prescription glasses ? That looks like A K not [censored] A A or KK . AK means [censored] if you hit nothing. A [censored] J 5 beats A K with a flop of 5 3 9 . These are the flops I'm getting these days.....thus the minimum raise preflop.

I thought about folding to his reraise and I should have. It is more likely that he has the Q J than the K T or A T because I have A K .

theredpill
01-19-2005, 03:17 AM
Well, I've made all that money back already. I love 5 cents /10 cent kiddie NL tables. Who wants to play with me in the kiddie leagues ? Ask your mommy first if you can ? If she says ok, then come play otherwise I'll meet you in the sandbox tomorrow and we can make sand castles.

theredpill
01-19-2005, 03:22 AM
lets say I played 8 hours of .05/.10 NL a day. How much I could expect to earn if I was a pretty good NL player ? I much in an 8 hour period. ONly 1 tabling.

How much 1-tabling ? How much 2-tabling ?

pindawg
01-19-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what's wrong with a minimum raise preflop ? Are my eyes failing me ? Do I need new prescription glasses ? That looks like A K not [censored] A A or KK . AK means [censored] if you hit nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

AK happens to be one of the best starting hands in poker. Raise at least 2-4 x bb.

[ QUOTE ]
A [censored] J 5 beats A K with a flop of 5 3 9 .

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you understand now why it is neccessary to raise 3xbb? You want to get weak hands to fold, and take down the pot on the flop when it misses everyone.

jimdmcevoy
01-19-2005, 03:27 AM
I would raise to at least .40 preflop.

But, going with the way you played it, your flop bet seems ok. Now after you get raised, I'm not sure if you can call him without a read that he is loose and could be semi-bluffing, but I think I would have to call.

Note that the problem arises from the fact that this is a 7-way flop, so the hand you are worried about (QJ) has a fair chance of being out there, with a small chance of TT also. This would have been avoided had you raised more preflop.

Anyway, if a blank comes on the turn (which it did) I would lead out for a self-pot commiting bet of $4-$5, since if he has you beat you are both going to the felt anyway, but if he is on a draw you give him an oppourtunity to make a mistake by calling.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone thinks they can fold on the flop.. I lean towards a call

theredpill
01-19-2005, 03:29 AM
I understand that I can't win at Party Poker. It's ok. My balance there is now $0 . I lost the rest today playing some kind of f'd up no raising preflop game. I should have announced it here on the board so some of you could have gotten my last $20.

I'm not losing anymore I just won't be making $500/ hour like some of you A S S H O L E S on here. Just remember. What goes up must come down like your [censored] bankroll.

I see some stacks of about $45 and $30 on some other tables which I'm guessing was ran up in about 3 hours or so.

jimdmcevoy
01-19-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Just remember. What goes up must come down like your [censored] bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree

TheWorstPlayer
01-19-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what's wrong with a minimum raise preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. If you only make minimum raises with non-pair hands, then everyone knows you have a non-pair hand.
2. It is not enough to get people to fold their crap hands so there is a greater chance of someone out-flopping you.
3. It builds a pot which you will have to play out of position which will give other people good odds to draw out on you.
4. It doesn't put a lot of money into the pot, so in the case that everyone misses and you take it down by betting on the flop, you have made the minimum from a great starting hand.

theredpill
01-19-2005, 03:41 AM
I used to watch people's bets very intensely now I just don't give a crap. I'm on such a bad run. Everyone is hitting there 3 and 2 outers on me. A K clubs with 2 clubs on the flop is a good hand. But, I lose.

Can someone look at this one and see if they think I played it well ?

Game #696318665 - (blinds $0.05/$0.10) No Limit Texas Hold'em -
2005/01/19-01:30:36.0 (CST)
Table "Discovery Bay" (real money) -- Seat 6 is the button
Seat 1: tut5000 ($2.67 in chips)
Seat 2: LakeShowLB ($10.35 in chips)
Seat 3: phawk ($12.80 in chips)
Seat 4: Bear0370 ($9.90 in chips)
Seat 5: DjDucati ($6.16 in chips)
Seat 6: Tony_69 ($3.85 in chips)
Seat 8: pim leader ($2.62 in chips)
Seat 9: tapster ($16.53 in chips)
Seat 10: Hero ($9.35 in chips)
pim leader: Post Small Blind ($0.05)
tapster : Post Big Blind ($0.10)
Dealing...
Dealt to Hero [ Td ]
Dealt to Hero [ Tc ]
Hero : Raise ($0.35)
tut5000 : Call ($0.35)
LakeShowLB: Fold
phawk : Fold
Bear0370: Fold
DjDucati: Fold
Tony_69 : Fold
pim leader: Fold
tapster : Fold
*** FLOP *** : [ 3d Js Jh ]
Hero : Bet ($0.70)
tut5000 : Call ($0.70)
*** TURN *** : [ 3d Js Jh ] [ Ks ]
Hero : Check
tut5000 : Bet ($1.62)
Hero : Fold
tut5000 : Winner -- doesn't show cards
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: $2.15 | Rake: $0.10
Board: [ 3d Js Jh Ks ]
tut5000 bet $2.67, collected $3.77, net +$1.10
LakeShowLB didn't bet (folded)
phawk didn't bet (folded)
Bear0370 didn't bet (folded)
DjDucati didn't bet (folded)
Tony_69 didn't bet (folded)
pim leader lost $0.05 (folded)
tapster lost $0.10 (folded)
Hero lost $1.05 (folded) [ Td Tc ] (two pair, jacks and tens)

Also, can someone tell me what I could make on these tables in an 8 hour period ? Thanks.

theredpill
01-19-2005, 03:56 AM
just had a guy call my 40 cent raise preflop with K 5 . I had Q Q . He of course hits his King and goes all-in.

theredpill
01-19-2005, 03:57 AM
So far. I've played about 6 hands. I've won about 2 and the other 3 consisted of the player hitting a higher pair or flopping straight, full house, or a set. Unreal.

jimdmcevoy
01-19-2005, 04:04 AM
Looks okay to me, I actually prefer to limp with TT UTG to try and flop a set, but I don't think raising like you did is bad.

flop and turn play look okay.

Sorry about your run of bad cards, it kinda sucks but it is part of poker.

And if you play decently playing two tables of these limits for 8 hours I would expect to make in the neighborhood of $30.

theredpill
01-19-2005, 04:04 AM
Your bankroll will come down. It's just a matter of how much. You will go on a bad run like I am right now.

theredpill
01-19-2005, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And if you play decently playing two tables of these limits for 8 hours I would expect to make in the neighborhood of $30.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not bad. Maybe 3 tables is do-able in the future. I need a bigger monitor, though. I increased resolution on my monitor to multi table and I hated it. It was way too small. 17 " monitor.

soah
01-19-2005, 12:16 PM
I would not have folded. But on the other hand, I would have gotten more than 2% of my stack in preflop and would not have let six people have the chance to outflop me.

lostinthought
01-19-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, suck my dick

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
what's wrong with a minimum raise preflop ? Are my eyes failing me ? Do I need new prescription glasses ? That looks like A K not [censored] A A or KK . AK means [censored] if you hit nothing. A [censored] J 5 beats A K with a flop of 5 3 9 . These are the flops I'm getting these days.....thus the minimum raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I understand that I can't win at Party Poker. It's ok. My balance there is now $0 . I lost the rest today playing some kind of f'd up no raising preflop game. I should have announced it here on the board so some of you could have gotten my last $20.

I'm not losing anymore I just won't be making $500/ hour like some of you A S S H O L E S on here. Just remember. What goes up must come down like your [censored] bankroll.

I see some stacks of about $45 and $30 on some other tables which I'm guessing was ran up in about 3 hours or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's your problem? you sound like a real winner..

amoeba
01-19-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I thought about folding to his reraise and I should have. It is more likely that he has the Q J than the K T or A T because I have A K .

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. you are obviously playing optimally by minraising preflop and getting 4 callers. Wrong of us to say anything. Please continue playing the way you have been playing.

Allinlife
01-19-2005, 12:39 PM
why do you guys even bother giving advice to this guy?

kurto
01-19-2005, 12:58 PM
I want to play at his tables.

My advice for theredpill-

(1) Don't go into your foul-mouthed rants at the tables. Its probably a tip off to everyone that you're on tilt.

(2) If you know people call with crap like any ace and any king, and you raise with a pocket pairs... be prepared to let it go. It happens all the time. Its nothing to get angry about. It also works out. The key to winning money is getting more money when you're in the pot and walking away when you're out. In your AK example earlier where you min-raised... the flop had a possible straight. JQ is not an uncommon hand to play. There is set potential. SMART players realize that someone may easily have hit 2 pair on that flop. If you're betting your 2 pair and getting any resistance, you need to figure out what could have you beat. You're like the guy who makes a straight on the turn and refuses to acknowledge that with 3 suited cards on the board, the guy reraising you has the flush.

(3) a good starting hand is nothing more then that...just a good starting hand. If someone playing crappy cards beats you... too bad. You'll get their money in the long run because you're playing better cards. But if you're good, you'll know when their crappy cards have you beat. Don't fall in love with your hand preflop.

Lastly... please come play at PS. Its a great site and we'd love to have you.

TwoShedsJackson
01-19-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, can someone tell me what I could make on these tables in an 8 hour period ? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can make a fool of yourself and lose your whole BR, by the looks of things.

PoBoy321
01-19-2005, 02:16 PM
It's reasoning like that which is why you are an idiot and will never be a winning poker player.

PoBoy321
01-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Don't explain these things to him. You're costing someone money.

partygirluk
01-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Why do you bother asking strategy questios when you just laugh in the faces of anyone who answers.

Seeing as you are such a great player, and you know you will take the bankroll of anyone who replies to your threads, (and this implies that you are better than them) why are you asking the advice of inferior players.

You know what, you are clearly such a great player who suffers an abnormal amount of bad beats. I think it must be because the online sites don't want such a super player like you taking all the fishies' money. More profitable is for you to write a book I think. Perhaps Mason will publish a compendium on your posts. It should sell well. I would particularly like to read your chapter on minraising AK preflop, out of position, because that is a skill I am not yet good enough to master.

swolfe
01-19-2005, 05:46 PM
this is one of the most hilarious threads ever

TrailofTears
01-19-2005, 07:07 PM
All of his threads are. The best is that he responds to his own posts upwards of eight times in a row. I think it is the multiple personalities coming alive, but that is just my undergrad degree speaking.

Sponger15SB
01-19-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man you are terrible at poker. Save yourself the time, money, and frustration and just quit.

theredpill
01-20-2005, 12:06 AM
Come and waste your time with me. It will be great. You will fold. I will fold. We will just sit there trying to recall everything Sklansky/Hilger/Miller taught us. Or maybe I will take all your money and come on here and brag about it and you will be laughed at. BTW , I won today. Let me see....how much did I win. Well, blinds were .10/.25 and I won $25 so I won like 50 BB or something. Not bad. I don't think you want any of me.

soah
01-20-2005, 12:08 AM
You can play in the 2+2 game this weekend if you'd like.