PDA

View Full Version : Adjustments from Stars to Party? (semi-long)

Laughingboy
01-19-2005, 02:36 AM
I've got a 25% roi over about 300 Stars SNGs at the 25-30 level. (Some turbos, some regular) I have a similar history at UB, although without as much data (100 tourneys or so. UB doesn't have many 30s). However, for some reason, I can't seem to win on Party. Admittedly, I haven't played nearly as many tourneys there. (~20), and don't have enough data for a really reliable estimate from anywhere.

Setting that aside for a moment, apart from the numbers, I just don't feel like I'm "getting it" on Party, and I think it has something to do with my missing an essential adjustment for party's different (and crappy, IMO) structure. (Either that, or I'm casting pearls before swine, as the level of play is so much lower.)

I'd like to figure this out, because the profit potential seems much higher on Party. Can anyone tell me which adjustments I should make?

Thanks,
Sean

ChrisV
01-19-2005, 03:14 AM
Impossible until you tell us your play style. It could be nothing. The two most common failures at SNGs are being too loose early and too tight/passive late.

Graham
01-19-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The two most common failures at SNGs are being too loose early and too tight/passive late.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful, Chris. You'll close this forum down if you give it all up in one sentence.

lorinda
01-19-2005, 03:50 AM
You can expect a drop in ROI and hope for an increase in your hourly rate.

In the $11s, my hourly rate is still higher on UB than on Party, but then my ROI is ridiculous on UB and I'm sure this is an anonmoly.

Lori

bluesbassman
01-19-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can expect a drop in ROI and hope for an increase in your hourly rate.

In the $11s, my hourly rate is still higher on UB than on Party, but then my ROI is ridiculous on UB and I'm sure this is an anonmoly.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you expect a drop in ROI going from Stars to Party? My understanding is that the variance may be higher for Party's structure, but that my ROI is ultimately a function of the strength my play versus my opponents. I play at exclusively Stars ($25 turbos & $30 regular) and am also considering playing at least some of the time on Party.

eastbay
01-19-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Why do you expect a drop in ROI going from Stars to Party? My understanding is that the variance may be higher for Party's structure, but that my ROI is ultimately a function of the strength my play versus my opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is also a function of the structure. This is the reason.

eastbay