PDA

View Full Version : Could someone tell me if I played this right -- thanks!

Mizzles
01-19-2005, 01:37 AM
Bad play or good play?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

Kevin J
01-19-2005, 02:21 AM
Why check the turn? This pot isn't big enough to raise the flop for a free card and/or risk being 3-bet. If I raised the flop, it's because I think A2 might be the best hand. And if I think that... I'm betting the turn. The 5d didn't change much.

Mizzles
01-19-2005, 03:08 AM
Checked the turn because the SB unexpectedly cold called the 30 on the flop I was worried about a possible big hand and him trying to check raise me on the turn

elindauer
01-19-2005, 03:27 AM
Hi mizzles,

You can fold preflop. If you don't fold, it might be better to raise in the hopes you can get the pot heads up and win unimproved on the flop.

Since you didn't do any of these things, you should fold the flop when it's bet into you. The pot is too small and the likelihood you are behind too great to justify continuing.

Since you didn't do that, taking the free card on the turn makes sense. With two opponents, one calling 2 cold, it doesn't look like you'll buy the pot on the turn.

Good luck.
Eric

TStoneMBD
01-23-2005, 09:09 AM
if you feel that your hand is worth seeing a flop, you are better off raising pf as long as the blinds are capable of folding. your hand plays better HU than 4handed, and the dead money turns this mediocre hand into something profitable. after the BB calls 2 cold on the flop a check behind on the turn is necessary. river is a clear bet.

barongreenback
01-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Nothing wrong with folding the flop unless you've got good reads.