PDA

View Full Version : AKo hand...better line?

kamelion44
01-19-2005, 01:37 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

No reads.

MP1 (t775)
MP2 (t1439)
MP3 (t1465)
CO (t1625)
Button (t1840)
Hero (t1150)
BB (t845)
UTG (t1142)
UTG+1 (t3885)
UTG+2 (t2650)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t50, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls t50, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls t150, MP3 folds.

Flop: (t500) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, UTG+1 calls t300.

Turn: (t1100) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 calls t650.

River: (t1750) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t1750

Something happend in the conversion, but I obviously went all-in on the turn. Should I have raised more preflop or even just limped? Should I have bet more/less on the flop? Anybody check-fold the flop? The flop actually seemed relatively safe for me considering the limp/call passiveness from villain preflop...

kamelion44
01-19-2005, 10:13 AM
Forgot to mention, $55 buy-in, field of over 700 to begin with, down to 500 when this hand started.

Dahveed
01-19-2005, 10:39 AM
While I could see limping here with a weaker hand since you'll be out of position, without reads I think your preflop raise is good - you're happy to take the pot without a contest from the small blind, but hopefully you'll knock somebody out and build the pot, which is what you accomplished.

While lots of people will automatically bet the flop in this situation, I think this one MAY warrant a check-fold - though I know that in a game there's almost no way I'd do anything different from you. His limp up front could very well be a small-medium PP, in which case the flop is great for him. Unless you're holding a premium pair or AJ (and I think if anything will make him think you have a premium pair, you bet the right amount), he knows he's pretty far ahead. However, I would expect a raise here from a good player holding a pocket pair, to make you pay to draw at your likely overcards.

The fact that he just called the flop, however, is a different story. Unless he's setting up a move later (and with stacks this small, it seems unlikely), calling seems more likely to be either a set or a flush draw. There are plenty of players, especially those luck-dependent/aggressive enough to be early chip leader, who will take a flop with a decent suited connector or pair, even in EP - especially when it turns out they'll have position on the preflop raiser.

So even when the turn gives you top pair, what can you hope he has? Only a weak-tight underpair or top pair on the flop (fold or raise hands for the Villain at that point) are behind now - to go all-in, I feel you have to be confident your opponent misplayed his hand on the flop. At this point, I think it's time to give up, nurse the small stack, and look for a better spot.

sfwusc
01-19-2005, 04:02 PM
The king wasnt a good card. It made a four flush board where you dont have a flush. Bad Bad news.

check/fold the turn. I likely check/fold the flop.

200 chips gone, no need to waste more.

SWUSC