PDA

View Full Version : This is why you stick with the plan (low content)

edge
01-19-2005, 12:54 AM
This is the worst hand of poker I can remember playing. I honestly cannot recall a hand I played more poorly.

The plan was to go for the overcall preflop and push any flop. Seeing such a perfect flop obviously disrupted some mental processes. I think villian calls almost 100% on this flop, given the range of hands he could be holding and the pot odds.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($73.5)
BB ($168.2)
UTG ($22.45)
MP ($123.4)
Hero ($48.5)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls $1, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, SB (poster) folds, BB calls $3, UTG calls $21.45 (All-In), Hero calls $18.45, BB calls $18.45.

Flop: ($67.85) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($67.85) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($67.85) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

Final Pot: $87.85
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $64.35, between BB, UTG and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by BB ($64.35).</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: $23.50, between BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by BB ($23.50).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Td Ts (straight, ten high).
UTG has Kh 4c (one pair, kings).
Hero has Kd Kc (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: BB wins $87.85. </font>

TheWorstPlayer
01-19-2005, 02:43 AM
There was another thread fairly recently (two or so weeks ago, maybe) titled "Good suck in with top set?" or something like that. I suggest you go and look for it. The general gist of the advice given was that a hand like yours (which is almost identical to the one in that thread) is not a hand where you want to slowplay and suck someone in. There are very few turn cards which are going to give someone a second best hand to pay you off with. The idea in a hand like yours is to hit someone with AK or AA and take their stack. So you should bet the flop and hope to get called or even played back at. If no one has anything, then you are going to get nothing, why give them free cards? And here, obviously, there is a straight draw on the board . . . .