PDA

View Full Version : ifffffffy KK

DcifrThs
01-18-2005, 11:20 PM
same 20/40 game at ameristar but now full table.

Aggro loosie (not too loose and an actualy decent/good reader post flop and knows me since he's seen me play enough and is, as i said, decent/good...but he's destined to go broke b/c he plays too many hands and is too loose at times and aggro at others) raises in MP all fold to me in bb w/ KK. i 3bet. he 4 bets i call.

Flop comes great. Th 5s 2d.

now here i'd normally bet 60:40 (the 40 is c'r but i like being raised so i can 3bet) but i decided to take a different line with this player. I checked and called his flop bet (yea he got a cheapy with the ace but i want to make him think here).

turn was 8c. i checked and he bet i raised he called, like i said, he calls too much.

river Ac. i ?? look at white for action, but i obviously want comments on river play. bet or check. which is highest EV against this particular player. normally its clear one way or the other but this guy is a bit different.

<font color="white"> i ended up betting intending to fold to a raise. he called with AQs and took it down </font>

-Barron

smartalecc5
01-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Goood question, I'd like to hear the answer.

vmacosta
01-18-2005, 11:44 PM
If this guy is destined to go broke, as you said, why would you play this hand so tricky in the first place? Either way, if this guy is truly a thinking poker player he must know by now that you will not muck the river for one bet headsup with this line so he will only bet for value on the end...Therefore you must bet (and probably call if he raises).

James282
01-19-2005, 12:48 AM
If he calls too much, it's a definite bet. You can fold to a raise against a caller, right?
-James

DcifrThs
01-19-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he calls too much, it's a definite bet. You can fold to a raise against a caller, right?
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

that was my line...but he's not just that simple to classify as "calls too much" which is why its iffy...this bet has to be very close and therefore doesn't matter that much i guess but im just trying to get a hold of this b/c it bothered me that i doubted my play so much after the fact...

-Barron

James282
01-19-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

that was my line...but he's not just that simple to classify as "calls too much" which is why its iffy...this bet has to be very close and therefore doesn't matter that much i guess but im just trying to get a hold of this b/c it bothered me that i doubted my play so much after the fact...

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

If he can raise the river as a bluff then it's close. If he can't it's a definite bet, especially if he loves to call.
-James

DcifrThs
01-19-2005, 01:40 AM
thats the thing, he is capable of exactly that...which is a major influence on the correct action...

-Barron

Heffinator
01-20-2005, 02:01 PM
If he can raise river as bluff then you should bet. Give him an opportunity to give you two bets. Seems there is a mix of losing hands he will call with and maybe raise with.

-Jeff