PDA

View Full Version : Datamining SNGs?

viennagreen
01-18-2005, 10:32 PM
I've datamined ring games... and tried datamining SNGs, but it didn't seem to work.

I understand you have to open up each SNG individually, and do a lot of ongoing maintenance throughout a night (closing and reopening new tables), but---

How do you see the results from your datamining...? It seem like PokerTracker only shows me data that was loaded from tournament summaries... I tried datamining the $200s for a while before I started playing them, but was never able to find the data from them.

Thanks for any help you might provide.

ilya
01-19-2005, 02:59 AM
What is this "datamining," exactly? A PokerTracker thing?

Benholio
01-19-2005, 04:11 AM
Yeah, just observing as many games as you can so you can have more stats on the players.

viennagreen
01-19-2005, 04:20 AM
yes--- since Party skins started the "saving logs on your hard drive" thing, it has made it possible to automatically save and input hand histories from games that you are not involved in (all automated thanks to Poker Tracker).

Little Joe
01-19-2005, 04:43 PM
You have to manually enter the results(for SNGs) before poker tracker will display the results. Under the file drop down menu go to Party and Aff. manual entry; straightforward from their.

Benholio
01-19-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to manually enter the results(for SNGs) before poker tracker will display the results. Under the file drop down menu go to Party and Aff. manual entry; straightforward from their.

[/ QUOTE ]

However, even though pokertracker doesn't show the results until you do they are still in the database. I use playerview, and it displays my datamined stats for sng players even if I cannot see them in pokertracker due to lack of tournament summaries.

Marcotte
01-19-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes--- since Party skins started the "saving logs on your hard drive" thing, it has made it possible to automatically save and input hand histories from games that you are not involved in (all automated thanks to Poker Tracker).

[/ QUOTE ]

Party gives you hand histories for hands you are not involved in? What other sites do this. Poker Room does not, much to my dismay. I've often wanted to look up the end of a SNG to see who won, but when I request the "Next Hand from this table" on the hand I went out on, I get a message saying I can only view HH for hands I was in. (Yes, at PR you have to get your tourny histories one hand a time; yet another reason to switch).