PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Push???

jzpiano14
01-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 ($23.85)
MP1 ($49.95)
MP2 ($20.50)
Hero ($51.45)
CO ($19.05)
Button ($57.50)
SB ($47)
BB ($49.55)
UTG ($29.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $0.50, MP2 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.25) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3.25</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls $3.25.

Turn: ($9.75) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $9.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets All in</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: $29.25

I put him on a flush draw on this hand and didn't want him to draw that last card, I'm pretty new to NL, just wondering if I should have just called or raised (and what to) Thanks in advance.

jzpiano14
01-18-2005, 09:37 PM
BUMP

BobboFitos
01-18-2005, 09:39 PM
You just bumped your hand 20 mins after posting it. nice

jzpiano14
01-18-2005, 09:41 PM
Was playin thought I posted it about an hour ago, or what felt like an hour, plus it was working its way off the second page

Allinlife
01-18-2005, 09:41 PM
how do you put him on a draw exactly after out of position turn bet?

jzpiano14
01-18-2005, 09:48 PM
I had been watching his play before, and noticed a pattern of betting draws and slow playing an big hard. I figured if he was throwing in the big bets that he must have been drawing to a big hand. If he had a set I figured he would have checked it. I also noticed he hadn't bluffed. As I said before I'm new to NL and maybe got too excited

BobboFitos
01-18-2005, 10:00 PM
First off, dont minraise pf. I'd either limp or make a real raise. Depends on table texture but it's ok to raise behind a limper w/ KQs in CO-1. But limping is fine. Dont like minraise. Anyways...

[ QUOTE ]
I put him on a flush draw on this hand and didn't want him to draw that last card, I'm pretty new to NL, just wondering if I should have just called or raised (and what to) Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were going to raise, may as well be all-in. After you "see" his turn bet, gthere is ~30 in the pot. Your all in is another 25ish (I think) which is fine. Any other raise means the same thing. so if you were going to raise your amount is ok.

The question is it better to raise or flatcall?

Given you have position, lets go over a few possibilities:
1. He has hearts (9 outs) If he hits he will bet, and you'll either call looking him up, or fold and lose to a potential bluff. So 20% of the time you lose the pot of essentially 30$. However... 80% of the time he'll either check and fold, or possibly, bluff a missed flush draw, which you will call / put him for his last bit making just calling a nice option.

2. He has 2 pair / set. If he has a set, he'll probably call your all in anyways, and if he has 2 pair, he might also. If you just call they either have 10 or 4 outs to boat up against you. If you just call he'll probably bet the river again, unless a /images/graemlins/heart.gif falls, which will kill action. (Maybe) But he'll probably call a push, so it's not worth giving him a free shot / free card to kil lyour hand.

3. Straight draw - Something like 89 which picked up a pair, or mayube something like QJ for TP/OESD. Anyways, he's drawing reall really slim, so I like calling against them better. But they might not pay off the river.

4. ANything else - if he's bluffing, he'll continue to bluff on the river. Or just check and give up. He wont call a turn raise.

So really, if you're decidedly set on him being on a flush draw, I'd rather call, but pushing is ok too. Sorry he didn't clal.

jzpiano14
01-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the advice Bobbo, turns out he had J9 for two pair, glad to hear that the push was right. Still not sure bout pushing on the turn, but I won the pot so I'm happy

TheWorstPlayer
01-19-2005, 12:15 AM
For what it's worth, barring any reads I would have put you solidly on AA/KK there (so many people minraise these preflop) and called in a heartbeat. Since this guy is only behind a straight or a set, I think that his fold is pretty weak. I would put this guy to the test on a lot more hands.