PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy NBA trade

ThaSaltCracka
01-18-2005, 09:05 PM
in one of the leagues I am in I have been offered:
Van Horn and Eddie Griffin
-for-
Dunleavy

I am thinking of pulling the trigger, thoughts?

kerssens
01-18-2005, 09:20 PM
I don't know

stabn
01-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Is Dunleavy less worthless than he's been in previous years? I haven't really paid attention to him this season.

ThaSaltCracka
01-18-2005, 09:22 PM
Dunleavy is meh, Van Horn was injured for a bit.

stabn
01-18-2005, 09:27 PM
I think it probably has an ev of 0 then. You basically can't go far wrong either way.

Clarkmeister
01-18-2005, 09:34 PM
Is it a Dynasty league? What categories count as stats? What does your team look like/need? You can't just post that question without any framework and expect to get serious answers.

ThaSaltCracka
01-18-2005, 09:44 PM
okay, it is a head to head league, different opponents each week. The categories are FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, STL, BLK, and TO.

I have Kobe on my team, and I lost RJ([censored]). Right now I would say I have a deluge of PG's. My team also lacks some rebounding. Maybe I should try adding in a PG and asking for something different? He has David Wesley, I wouldn't mind having him.

Need any more info?

Clarkmeister
01-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Van Horn is vastly superior to Dunleavy in that format. Not even close. Trade Kobe, he's killing you. You could probably find some sucker to give you way way more than he's worth.

Is this a 1-year only league, or do you keep guys next year?

ThaSaltCracka
01-18-2005, 09:48 PM
one year only.

Yeah, I am thinking Van Horn may be a steal.

Clarkmeister
01-18-2005, 09:49 PM
He is. Really, i'm in a similar league, its not close.

Move Kobe now.

DonkeyKong
01-18-2005, 09:50 PM
dude, all players mentioned are junk.

ThaSaltCracka
01-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Clark, this may be a dumb question, but should I try and trade Kobe right now for probably less value or wait till he is back and trade him?

ThaSaltCracka
01-18-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]well, in fantasy leagues you can't always have 10 all stars on one team. Players like Van Horn/Dunleavy can make or break a team.

ThaSaltCracka
01-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Clark what do you think of Kobe for Ray Allen straight up? Or should I ask for one more player?

college_boy
01-18-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Clark what do you think of Kobe for Ray Allen straight up? Or should I ask for one more player?

[/ QUOTE ]

What player are you thinking about adding to the kobe trade?

lapoker17
01-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey Salt - What's the deal with Eddie Griffin? I know he's had "personal issues", but I remember seeing him as a rookie or 2nd year guy and thinking he could be a transcendant player - The way he could stroke threes and wasn't afraid to bang as well. What the hell happened to him?

ThaSaltCracka
01-18-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What player are you thinking about adding to the kobe trade?

[/ QUOTE ]damn, you think so? Kobe is highly ranked man, 11th overall.

hmmm.... maybe Amare...

ThaSaltCracka
01-18-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't know man.

college_boy
01-18-2005, 10:07 PM
I think I missed a joke in there somewhere, but i meant you could probably get somebody who doesnt know what they're doing to throw in a decent player along with Allen.

ThaSaltCracka
01-18-2005, 10:11 PM
well I sent a trade proposal which has Kobe and N. Mohammaed for Amare. The team I am trying to trade too has Shaq as well.

Clarkmeister
01-18-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well I sent a trade proposal which has Kobe and N. Mohammaed for Amare. The team I am trying to trade too has Shaq as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try Kobe for Amare straight up. I'd also trade Kobe straight up for the following players using your scoring system. Of course, that doesn't mean you shouldn't try and get extra if someone overvalues Kobe......

Marion
Garnett
Nowitzki
James
Stojakovic
Amare
Duncan
Rashard Lewis
Ray Allen
Nash
Arenas

Edit: The above players are listed IN ORDER of preference.

Clarkmeister
01-18-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Clark, this may be a dumb question, but should I try and trade Kobe right now for probably less value or wait till he is back and trade him?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can get the guys I list in my other post, trade him now. If not, how long you wait depends on your chances of making the playoffs.....

Clarkmeister
01-18-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Van Horn is pretty decent in that format. Probably between #60-80 overall. That's not bad, especially if you give up someone useless like Dunleavy for him.

DeezNuts
01-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Sorry to jack your thread, but I have a question too. I'm in a roto league with all the same categories listed except TO(ESPN 10-man league). Rebounds are competitive, but I am pulling away. I am solid in FT% but getting killed in FG%. I was offered Andre Miller for Troy Murphy. Steals are competitive and so are 3s. Should I do it?

This one has been killing me since Murphy is on such a tear and even shooting the trey. Miller has solid %, steals and assists, but doesn't shoot the trey for a PG.

DN

Clarkmeister
01-18-2005, 10:56 PM
I'd do it in a heartbeat, esp since you are strong in rebs.

lapoker17
01-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Read my other post - Any thoughts on what happened to Eddie Griffin? Did you think he had huge upside like I did?

Clarkmeister
01-18-2005, 11:03 PM
Everyone said he had potential but was a screwup. Guys like that rarely change (Lawrence Phillips).

He was insanely hot for about 3 weeks this year, but he's come back to earth and is nothing but a mediocre bench player for the time being. Lost time to Olowokandi which is never a good sign. Prob a decent backup in the fantasy categories listed depending on how many teams/roster spots are being used. I'm in a 16-team dynasty league with 16 active roster spots (12 starters) and 3 developmental team spots, so he's obviously of use in my league, but not all leagues are that ridiculously deep.

nolanfan34
01-18-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can get the guys I list in my other post, trade him now. If not, how long you wait depends on your chances of making the playoffs.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop giving advice, too many people listen to you, and my chance of getting rid of Kobe in the 2+2 league is probably nil now. You fish. /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ThaSaltCracka
01-18-2005, 11:18 PM
I always like to try to entice a prospectee trader by giving a player that plays the same position as the player I am asking for.

Clarkmeister
01-19-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I always like to try to entice a prospectee trader by giving a player that plays the same position as the player I am asking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nice and all, but Kobe has lots of name value that will cause people to give up too much for him. And wasn't it Nazr that you were throwing in? He's having WAY too good a year to be a "throw in". No way.

Clarkmeister
01-19-2005, 05:21 AM
I traded him for Brand and Hinrich in my dynasty league early in the year when I realized his FG% and 3% numbers weren't going to recover any time soon. Our cats are FG% 3pt% FT%, reb, ast, blk, stl, pts, TO's. He was crushing me in 3 of the 9. Getting Brand was a godsend, and Hinrich has a super cheap contract (we have an NBA style cap system) so he may have been worth even more than Brand if he keeps progressing like he has been.

My team (http://nbnbl.basketball.sportsline.com/teams/page)

MarkL444
01-19-2005, 05:30 AM
link doesnt work

Clarkmeister
01-19-2005, 05:34 AM
http://nbnbl.basketball.sportsline.com/

Try that. The last one worked for me but maybe its one where it only works for me because I'm logged in. I'm Richton Park.

MarkL444
01-19-2005, 05:51 AM
Error
This is a private fantasy league. If you are in this league, please enter your 'ID' and 'Password' above.

maybe a screenshot would be best?

(im not really all that interested, but dead links bug me /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Clarkmeister
01-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Well? Did you ever dump Kobe?

ThaSaltCracka
01-29-2005, 07:54 PM
no, not yet, very annoying, isn't it?

Clarkmeister
01-29-2005, 08:00 PM
dummy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ThaSaltCracka
01-29-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dummy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]haha, no one wants him right now though, he is still injured.

Clarkmeister
01-29-2005, 08:10 PM
You had your chance and blew it.

ThaSaltCracka
01-29-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You had your chance and blew it.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah probably.

DeezNuts
01-30-2005, 01:44 AM
I pulled the trigger on the Murphy for AMiller trade. Miller has been mediocre since(0-5 today), but Murphy may have a hairline fracture in his thumb. Shoulda picked up Dunleavy, but got home too late. I would have been able to dump the streaky-ass Rad Vlad for him. Hopefully the trade works out for the best.

DN