PDA

View Full Version : Im gonna get drunk and watch a movie tonight, what to rent?

pshreck
01-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Hey,

Other info:

I live alone, am a student, and have no classes whatsoever on Wednesdays. I have a brand new puppy who chills with me all the time.

I have a litre bottle of Jack Daniels, a 6 pack of Magic Hat#9 (for some reason this beer is great when you are also drinking whiskey), and roughly 50 various other beers as backups if needed.

I have seen tons of movies, but suggesting a movie I already saw doesn't mean its a bad idea. I just need to know what to rent, and I need you to tell me.

Ask if you need any more info from me to make your decision.

I also have string cheese and doritos. My puppy has snausages.

DrewOnTilt
01-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Yeah. Deep Throat.

astroglide
01-18-2005, 08:54 PM
harold and kumar go to white castle

pshreck
01-18-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap thats a good suggestion. I just saw it like 1 week ago, but I'm already excited knowing thats a possibility. More suggestions please.

Skip Brutale
01-18-2005, 08:56 PM
The Big Lebowski

WEASEL45
01-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Friday
Cheech and Chong up in smoke

Reef
01-18-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I 2nd. Weed and munchies would go great in the mix

ilya
01-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Is this a suicide note?

Thythe
01-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Collateral, Bourne Supremacy, Spiderman 2, Garden State.

pshreck
01-18-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a suicide note?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not actually drinking all the alcohol. 6 Magic hats and 6-10 Jack Daniels drinks (straight or Jack and Coke) and I will be gone.

ThaSaltCracka
01-18-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a suicide note?

[/ QUOTE ]how horrible am I, I found this line funny.

ilya
01-18-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bourne Supremacy

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a good drinking movie. Camerawork way too jerky.

The Yugoslavian
01-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Dude, where's my car? -- perhaps I'm the only one who thinks this movie is funny.

Rounders -- seriously

Caddyshack

So far people have mainly mentioned mainly light comedies -- what about disturbing violent movies?

The Cube (not sure if anyone here has heard of it but I liked it when drunk and snacking one college evening)

City of God

Mullholland Drive (bonus lesbians)

American Beauty

Memento

Spirited Away

Swimming Pool

Bubba Ho-Tep

Dinner With Andre (yeah, I'm sure I'll get flamed for this)

Any Kevin Smith movie (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, etc)

Hero

That's all I've got at the moment, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Yugoslav

whiskeytown
01-18-2005, 09:39 PM
High Fidelity -

You'll spend the whole time shouting at the TV - "Yah, that's right, god damn it....[censored] bitches..."

RB

mmbt0ne
01-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Top 5 reasons to watch High Fidelity, in no particular order.

5. Jack Black is a much more subdued funny
4. Good music throughout
3. "You'll spend the whole time shouting at the TV - 'Yah, that's right, god damn it....[censored] bitches...'"
2. John Cusack actually does a good job
1. You'll get this joke

bugstud
01-18-2005, 09:48 PM
ace ventura

Chicanist
01-18-2005, 10:04 PM
american psycho

or final destination ... it isn't a very good movie but it's hilarious if you're drunk

MEbenhoe
01-18-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
High Fidelity -

You'll spend the whole time shouting at the TV - "Yah, that's right, god damn it....[censored] bitches..."

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored], other people know of this movie? This movie is definitely on my list of Top 5 favorite movies, yet whenever I wanna watch it, no one else has ever heard of it. Whiskeytown for this suggestion you are now officially on my list of Top 5 posters, same goes for mmbtone

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Full Time Killer.

That movie is totally sweet.

shant
Napoleon Dynamite and it's not even close.

MEbenhoe
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know there was such a thing as a movie where John Cusack didn't do a good job /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ilya
01-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Event Horizon

MEbenhoe
01-18-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Napoleon Dynamite and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO

This is a terrible movie to watch drunk, maybe stoned, but not drunk.

Sponger15SB
01-18-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know there was such a thing as a movie where John Cusack didn't do a good job /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He rocked in America's Sweethearts

Sponger15SB
01-18-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He rocked in America's Sweethearts

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [censored]?

whiskeytown
01-18-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm a music junkie who plays in bands on the side...

I worship at the alter of this movie....so clear to me...LOL

RB

MEbenhoe
01-18-2005, 10:38 PM
yeah ok you're right. I thought he was great in Eight Men Out, Say Anything, Grosse Pointe Blank, High Fidelity, and Serendipity (ex gf made me watch it but it was actually good). I guess this caused me to overlook his lackluster performances in movies of his I failed to see. Overall though I'd still say he's an outstanding actor.

LALDAAS
01-19-2005, 12:13 AM
12 Monkeys

LALDAAS
01-19-2005, 12:14 AM
speaking of monkeys anyone ever see "spanking the Monkey"
Its very disturbing.

manpower
01-19-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Cube (not sure if anyone here has heard of it but I liked it when drunk and snacking one college evening)

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored], someone else who's actually seen The Cube, pretty messed up movie eh?

My opinion still errs toward silly fun movies for this occasion though. Although really, pshreck has probably already started watching a flick. My vote for non-already mentioned movie goes to Eurotrip.

jakethebake
01-19-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, where's my car? -- perhaps I'm the only one who thinks this movie is funny.

[/ QUOTE ]
much funnier than that stupid white castle movie.

pshreck
01-19-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored], someone else who's actually seen The Cube, pretty messed up movie eh?

My opinion still errs toward silly fun movies for this occasion though. Although really, pshreck has probably already started watching a flick. My vote for non-already mentioned movie goes to Eurotrip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen Cube and Cube 2: Hypercube.

I saw Cube when I downloaded ever movie known to man at college (before I was caught by Paramount). I was obsessed with it for about a week... sick, sick, but great movie.

The Yugoslavian
01-19-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen Cube and Cube 2: Hypercube.

I saw Cube when I downloaded ever movie known to man at college (before I was caught by Paramount). I was obsessed with it for about a week... sick, sick, but great movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh snaps! There is a sequel? I had no idea, is it any good?

Sick movie, but that's part of the fun. Nice idea, good atmosphere and to think no decent actors/actresses were in it, I was impressed I enjoyed the cube as much as I did.

Hey, so what *are* you watching/gonna watch??? We all want to know now!!!

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
01-19-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Event Horizon

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. All these people told me to see it. So I watched like part of it and then did something else. Don't even remember why I was so uninterested. Maybe it was bad timing and I'd like it if I gave it another try.

Yugoslav

pshreck
01-19-2005, 12:55 AM
The sequel is not as good, but it still all takes place in the cubes. You have to respect that, considering they didn't go crazy and have it take place on Mars or something.

I've seen it at blockbuster and hollywood video, its worth a rent.

housenuts
01-19-2005, 01:09 AM
i just looked at my 60+ collection and decided if i was getting hammered by myself tonight i would probably watch...
Blow

with an honorable mention to Detroit Rock City

housenuts
01-19-2005, 01:13 AM
actually another solid movie that not many people have heard of is:

Outside Providence (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0125971/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj 0wfHE9b3V0c2lkZSBwcm92aWRlbmNlfGh0bWw9MXxubT1vbg__ ;fc=1;ft=1)

pshreck
01-19-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i just looked at my 60+ collection and decided if i was getting hammered by myself tonight i would probably watch...
Blow

with an honorable mention to Detroit Rock City

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. I'm drunk now, and have just watched TV. But that involved an awesome Gameshow scandal show, family guy, futurama, Aquateen, and now Im gonna pop in Dawn of the Dead 1978. About to pour another glass of Jack Daniels... oh this night is good.

housenuts
01-19-2005, 01:14 AM
i will drink with you my brethren. I have a flat of kokanee on my back porch. going to crack one now.

ilya
01-19-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Event Horizon

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. All these people told me to see it. So I watched like part of it and then did something else. Don't even remember why I was so uninterested. Maybe it was bad timing and I'd like it if I gave it another try.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

You should give it another chance. It manages to be really bad and really scary at the same time, a rare feat.

augie00
01-19-2005, 01:15 AM
Any movie from the Friday trilogy. Friday is the funniest, in fact it's the only movie where I've laughed sitting by myself, alone, in the dark.

doughhater
01-19-2005, 01:16 AM
I opened this thread fully expecting to see this movie mentioned at least once but surprisingly I'm the only one who has ever watched it while under the influence.

Army of Darkness

pshreck
01-19-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i will drink with you my brethren. I have a flat of kokanee on my back porch. going to crack one now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just toasted this glass of Jack to you.

pshreck
01-19-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I opened this thread fully expecting to see this movie mentioned at least once but surprisingly I'm the only one who has ever watched it while under the influence.

Army of Darkness

[/ QUOTE ]

Already watched it once while drunk... but great suggestion man.

Clatu Verda Nictu...

housenuts
01-19-2005, 01:19 AM
this kokanee is going down smooth. i just remembered Outside Providence has a poker scene in it too. cheers.

sfer
01-19-2005, 01:21 AM
Leaving Las Vegas

Gamblor
01-19-2005, 01:27 AM
Pshrek doesn't know that his GF and I do it in my van every sunday.

pshreck
01-19-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pshrek doesn't know that his GF and I do it in my van every sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww, horseshit! Man Im tanked now.

FeliciaLee
01-19-2005, 01:45 AM
Big? Princess Bride?

Okay, I'm old and haven't seen any recent movies...

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pshreck
01-19-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Big? Princess Bride?

Okay, I'm old and haven't seen any recent movies...

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Both great suggestions.

In all honesty, Im gonna bookmark this thread and refer to it often when I want to watch a movie.

Princess Bride is such a classic, thanks for the suggestion.

deacsoft
01-19-2005, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Event Horizon

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the first movie I ever saw in the theaters twice. I watch a rediciouls number of movies and own over 600. That means that after a while a lot of them tend to look like at least 1-5 movies that I've already seen. Event Horizon, at least at that time, is one of a kind, so I enjoyed it. But I would never suggest it to someone as a movie to watch while drinking/getting drunk. Do you have any idea how sobering that movie would be?

ilya
01-19-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Event Horizon

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the first movie I ever saw in the theaters twice. I watch a rediciouls number of movies and own over 600. That means that after a while a lot of them tend to look like at least 1-5 movies that I've already seen. Event Horizon, at least at that time, is one of a kind, so I enjoyed it. But I would never suggest it to someone as a movie to watch while drinking/getting drunk. Do you have any idea how sobering that movie would be?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seemed like a good sick joke at the time.
But now I realize that you're right...it's just too cruel.

deacsoft
01-19-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
12 Monkeys

[/ QUOTE ]

Another one to NOT watch while drinking. If you haven't seen it there's no way you could follow it while drunk. You'd hate it. Or it would sober you up and you may end up hating it for that.

ilya
01-19-2005, 04:48 AM
woohoo! I just noticed that I just became a veteran! What a joke.

deacsoft
01-19-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Leaving Las Vegas

[/ QUOTE ]

BINGO!

deacsoft
01-19-2005, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with ya... I just hit 2K.

ilya
01-19-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with ya... I just hit 2K.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're pathetic

MarkL444
01-19-2005, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any Kevin Smith movie

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not a good thing to say as it suggests a consistency among them. there is anything but that.

housenuts
01-19-2005, 08:08 AM
wow. now i'm shitfaced thanks to this post. in all honesty it created a night of debauchery instead of a calm, easy night. it's now 4am. what happened is when i got up to get my 2nd beer, my roommate (who had already had a bottle wine by himself earlier) saw me and decided to get out of bed and have some beers as well. then our other roommate joined in the beer drinking frenzy. shortly after a friend called to see what was up and we said we were drinking so he came over with a case of beers. a few hours later, and 12+ beers consumed. great night thanks to a post about a solo man getting drunk wondering what movie to watch.

dr. klopek
01-19-2005, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The sequel is not as good, but it still all takes place in the cubes. You have to respect that, considering they didn't go crazy and have it take place on Mars or something.

I've seen it at blockbuster and hollywood video, its worth a rent.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO IT IS NOT!!! I almost can't watch the first one after this atrocity.

Freakin
01-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Cube

Freakin

Tron
01-20-2005, 05:30 AM
Dude, I know it's way too late, and I know people have already recommended it, but I would also like to cast a vote for The Big Lebowski. Drink every time you hear some form of the word "dude."

johnnybeef
01-20-2005, 06:22 AM
no one said anchorman??? i guess im not even mad...in fact thats amazing!