PDA

View Full Version : Funniest moments in WSOP, WPT, Celeb Showdown, etc...

TheCroShow
01-18-2005, 08:48 PM
I think the funniest moment of 04 WSOP was in that limit tourney when that dude was like "He called me with a Jack high! A Jack high!" When in reality he called him with a Queen high, making the moment that much funnier. I got a kick out of that guy betting in the dark, tilting the entire table and making that guy say stuff like "You're disrespecting the game! You're not supposed to do that!" Man that was funny!

pindawg
01-18-2005, 09:13 PM
"Give a little bit,
Give a little bit
of Your chips to me"

Luske brings the comedy

DonkeyKong
01-18-2005, 09:46 PM
ESPN televising the dude with the $100,000 breast implants taken on a prop bet...

Gamblor
01-18-2005, 09:55 PM
The whiny dude was James McManus (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0374236488/).

The other guy was Ellix Powers.

jeffraider
01-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Dutch Boyd's Heads Up Razz game!

istewart
01-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Ellix Powers should be put against a wall and shot repeatedly.

Ryner
01-18-2005, 11:26 PM
Agreed.

ClaytonN
01-18-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dutch Boyd's Heads Up Razz game!

[/ QUOTE ]

yup yup

The T.A.
01-18-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Give a little bit,
Give a little bit
of Your chips to me"

Luske brings the comedy

[/ QUOTE ]
We have a winner!

Howard Lederer's "Don't worry, Phil, they're definitely going to show this one on TV," during the Invitational was pretty funny too.

valenzuela
01-19-2005, 12:22 AM
The guy that went 7th on the lhe event was hilarious, too bad he didnt advance further, he had the whole table on tilt, anyway shouldnt q7 be named after him?

etizzle
01-19-2005, 12:38 AM
I wish cloutier had said something like "he called me with a jack high! he called me with a jack high" to dutch.
It may even be worse in razz to call with a jack high.

TheCroShow
01-19-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The guy that went 7th on the lhe event was hilarious, too bad he didnt advance further, he had the whole table on tilt, anyway shouldnt q7 be named after him?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he should write a book about his life going from a bum to finishing 7th in a WSOP event. The title of the book should be "He called me with a Jack high!"

chesspain
01-19-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ellix Powers should be put against a wall and shot repeatedly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean he should be up against a wall shooting up repeatedly.

zeero3
01-19-2005, 10:48 AM
So this guy Powers is addicted to drugs and that is FUNNY because???? Is that really funny to you?

Biff M.
01-19-2005, 11:03 AM
After Phillips went all-in with pocket sevens, and got called by Matusow, dont remember his hand but it was two overcards.

Goes something like:

M:I knew he had a small pair for sure.
P:If you knew I had a small pair for sure, you might have considered folding. There wasn't that much money in the pot.
M:I might have knocked you out as well.
P:Wouldnt that have been nice.

etgryphon
01-19-2005, 11:31 AM
I think the verbal cat fight between the two asian chicks at the womens' game was pretty funny. I would have paid to see that go to the ground.

-Gryph

Rduke55
01-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Daniel Baldwin in Celeb poker tour

Vee Quiva
01-19-2005, 01:52 PM
How about Phil Hellmuth having his head shaved by Robert Varkoni after losing his bet that Robert wouldn't win the WSOP in 2002?

I also loved Phil throwing his hissy fit after Annie Duke busted him in the Tournament of Champions.

ttleistdci
01-19-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about Phil Hellmuth having his head shaved by Robert Varkoni after losing his bet that Robert wouldn't win the WSOP in 2002?

I also loved Phil throwing his hissy fit after Annie Duke busted him in the Tournament of Champions.

[/ QUOTE ]

A close second in Helmuth's hissy fits was when Toto (forgot his last name) beat him to win the US Poker Championship. The backwards flop onto the stage where they presented the money was classic.

Maybe Phil could market his own "Best of" DVD with all his best hissy fits. It could include a special bonus DVD, "How to whine when your monster hand has been cracked by a marginal hand or an inferior player."

jojobinks
01-19-2005, 03:50 PM
daniel baldwin was a good one.

how about gus hansen calling all in with T8 to the big stack, with himself being the second big stack? that was against esfandiari in the bad boys wpt show.

i missed the razz thing. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

i can't really watch the celebrity shows any more. there's some funny stuff, but the play is just way too bad.

lucas9000
01-19-2005, 04:36 PM
men the master spraying beer all over the table in that one 7-card stud wsop event.

wayabvpar
01-19-2005, 04:43 PM
Sarah Silverman getting the river card dealt on her back. Also doubles as the sexiest moment /images/graemlins/grin.gif

"If I had a nickel..." made me want to propose to her on the spot.

jojobinks
01-19-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sarah Silverman getting the river card dealt on her back. Also doubles as the sexiest moment /images/graemlins/grin.gif

"If I had a nickel..." made me want to propose to her on the spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

that really was special.

eMarkM
01-19-2005, 04:48 PM
The McManus v Powers is probably my favorite, too. Especially since I get the chance to play againt McManus in a home game here in Chicago every so often and there isn't one of those sessions that goes by that he isn't given a hard time over that performance.

jojobinks
01-19-2005, 04:53 PM
as a chicago home game player, my heart sinks every time i hear someone talk about a chicago home game that i can't get into. let's just organize so that there'll be a home game every day of the month, eh?

nycgeoff
01-19-2005, 05:04 PM
In the 2003 WSOP when Chris Moneymaker didn't know it was his turn to act. Just a funny tension-breaking moment.

BlackAces
01-19-2005, 08:40 PM
Howard Lederer, Robert Williamson and Phil Ivey playing golf.

Hal 2000
01-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Matusow: "I got big $#$$%% balls, u got little #$%##% balls" to Raymer, and then gets busted by him.

Army Eye
01-20-2005, 12:56 AM
Raymer didn't bust Matusow

Sponger15SB
01-20-2005, 01:41 AM
How about lawsons "straight" in the PLO event?

lehighguy
01-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Doyle Brunson going all in without looking at his cards twice in tournament of champions (ok he looked at one the first time). Then turning over his 3-8 offsuit when someone called.

Not a funny moment, but I loved the way he destroyed fischmen in the main event.

BadVoodooX
01-20-2005, 07:23 AM
For me the funniest moment in televised poker is in the Foxwoods season 2 where Mohammed lays down K8 two pair heads up to Hoyts KQ top pair & spade flush draw on the turn and then shows the laydown. The reaction shots of the audience show the looks on both Ted Forrest and Daniel Negreanu's faces and they are just priceless. The 'What the [censored] is he doing??!!!' looks say that both were 100% certain that two pair was ahead at that point. Ted looks like he's going to puke.

A close second is Gus Hansen debating with himself in the PSI when reraised by an all in Howard Lederer, "Can I lay this 9 high down?"

Bigdaddydvo
01-20-2005, 08:44 AM
Dennis Rodman on CPS throwing away Trip queens for a small bet on the flop.

TheJackal
01-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Phil (to Greg Raymer): You see when I play against the amateurs, they don't know what I have, but if you ask 5 of the pros at this table, I bet they could tell you my exact hand.
TJ: Oh yeah Phil, What'd you have?

Any broadcast with Phil I think is the funniest.

Sheriff Fatman
01-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Ted Lawson's "I have a straight" hand in the Omaha event this year.

Sheriff

RogerZBT
01-20-2005, 10:22 AM
I don't remember the exact details, but it was on CPS. Jeff Gordon made a $5000 bet and got reraised by someone who went all-in for an additional $500. Phil Gordon declared 'Jeff is obviously going to call,' only Jeff folded. Phil went NUTS, berating Jeff and calling him an idiot. After a few minutes of ranting, the Loser's Lounge had to tell Phil to 'let it go.'

Hauser_III
01-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Doyle Brunson, at the Tournament of Champions, after Phil Hellmuth had agonized over his hand for what was evidently the umpteenth time, asking him something along the lines of, "Do you pose for the camera all the time, Phil? Every decision can't be that difficult."

Beavis68
01-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Who about during the TOC when ESPN made Phil watch his "highlight" reel? I thought he was going to slit his own wrists.

Prior22
01-20-2005, 02:43 PM
There are so many good ones listed already. Phil had another good crying session when Hoyt Corkins caught running 7's to beat him in a WPT tournament.

Another line that cracked me up was after Gavin Griffen knocked Phil out of one of the WSOP tournaments, Hellmuth was talking to his sister I think and said in a completely serious and baffled tone, "I guess if there was no luck I'd win every time".

Doyle asking Phil if he's posing for the camera is good as well as is Men the Master spitting his drink all over in the stud tournament.

J-Lo
01-20-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who about during the TOC when ESPN made Phil watch his "highlight" reel? I thought he was going to slit his own wrists.

[/ QUOTE ]

there was a time in the TOC where phil was heads up and had a set and annie duke moved all in, he quickly pushed his chips in the middle in a very oafish clumsy manner because he was so excited.... and then quickly turned over his set

NoPeak
01-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Ted Lawson playing in the Omaha event has to rank with the best.

TheCroShow
01-21-2005, 02:09 PM
celebrity poker showdown...sean austin (spelling?) holds 25o in MP he goes for his chips, he thinks, he is thinking about raising, then he says "CHECK!" announcer says "You have to call, raise or fold..." LOOOOL Why do I punish myself with celebrity poker??

P.S. Now the crowd was just chanting "RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!" Any Sean Austin fans will appreciate the chant!

Stickmn24
01-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Heh... every time Ted Lawson (in his Hawaiian shirt) won a big hand, he raised his arms instinctively in his one-man version of the wave.

Adde
01-24-2005, 12:56 AM
Robert Varkoni hanging out with his coach (or whatever he was) in WSOP 2003. On second thought, that was more creepy than funny.

Adde

GoneFishing
01-24-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the funniest moment of 04 WSOP was in that limit tourney when that dude was like "He called me with a Jack high! A Jack high!" When in reality he called him with a Queen high, making the moment that much funnier. I got a kick out of that guy betting in the dark, tilting the entire table and making that guy say stuff like "You're disrespecting the game! You're not supposed to do that!" Man that was funny!

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when you think that they paid him cash and you wonder how many bars, whores and crack dealers he hit before he got off Fremont street