PDA

View Full Version : PT-can your aggro level be too high?

David04
01-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Mine is at 5 right now....is that too high? What is a good range?

My sample size isn't very big, and I have been on a good run lately, but I still want to know what a good aggro level is.

MicroBob
01-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Yes. And I think for full-ring that an aggro of 5 is too high.

Of course, if you're playing against a bunch of .5/1 donkeys then it probably doesn't matter too much.

But as you move up you need to tone it down.

This is taking me FOREVER to figure out how to properly but I think I'm finally getting it.

I think an aggro of 4 is okay on the 5/10 6-max tables but I'm not too solid on those games yet.

Once you get into 5 or 6 level you are VERY close to just raising and re-raising with virtually anything.
Believe me, I know this from experience.

Sincerely,
A fellow hyper-aggro

p.s. - I think your leap out of the kiddie-pool has led to you making TOO MANY moves.

TimM
01-18-2005, 09:56 PM
I call down anyone with really high aggression numbers, a lot, as long as I have any kind of hand to show down.

There are only two ways to get really high agression numbers: by betting and raising a lot with little or no hand, or by folding good hands a lot, and no one does this.

David04
01-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Thanks Bob. But as I said, my sample size is extremely small(I'm not even going to say it, it's embarassing)

And I have been on a great run in the last week or so, so my aggro level is high because of that.

Plus, I am playing .01/.02 NL...I don't know how much it will matter, like you said.

Thanks for the feedback.

[ QUOTE ]
p.s. - I think your leap out of the kiddie-pool has led to you making TOO MANY moves.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif