PDA

View Full Version : AA looking silly

EvanJC
01-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 7d Jh (two pair, jacks and sevens).
Hero has Ah As (one pair, aces).
Outcome: BB wins 13.25 BB. </font>

villian here is a semi solid player by 1/2 ub standards (vpip around 35, pfr 11% and totally aggression around 1.5)
i guess my main question is about the three bet on the turn. is it an easy fold based on my read of 'not that horrible'?

also, what is the consensus about UB 1/2? i've been data mining it for about a month now and it seems very beatable, although thus far i've had no luck. vpip for my entire database is around 43% w/the raise just under 9%. how does this compare to party? am i playing at the wrong site? ^_^

Rubeskies
01-18-2005, 07:50 PM
I hate the river 3-bet. This player seems reasonable based on his stats and river raises tend to mean something.

You can win one bet or lose two here and I you certainly aren't 66% sure you're ahead here.

Stormwolf
01-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Its very unlikely normal players would wait until the river to raise with just one pair and if they did, it would be with AA/KK which is unlikely given the pf action

pfkaok
01-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Yeah, of course there's no questions about your PF, flop and turn plays... but I don't think the 3bet on the river is a good idea at all. When he wakes up like that on the river you're very, very likely behind, so putting in more bets than you have to seems a little silly. However folding for 1 more bet wouldn't be too good since the pot is decent sized, so you should certainly call unless you know enough that he'd NEVER bluffraise like this.

PassiveCaller
01-18-2005, 09:56 PM
the 3-bet just isn't very well thought out against a semi-solid player. He's either going to be bluffing or have at least two pair or a set and give you more action. No gouda!

EvanJC
01-18-2005, 10:08 PM
okay, thanks guys. looking back, the 3 bet was obviously wrong. anybody have anything to say about the second part of the post?