PDA

View Full Version : NBA 1/18

01-18-2005, 04:51 PM
YTD (posted) 5-5 (so you're losing the vig if you follow me)

1 and 2: Detroit + 2 1/2 @ Orlando and over 187 1/2

I think DET squeaks out a close one and may throw a little on the money line as well. ORL's defense is a little improved, but not much. DET has scored lately against teams with poor defenses. Think DET wins something like 99-97.

3. Pacers/Rockets under 181 1/2

IND is well capable of scoring in the 80s, and HOU can stick in the 70s. Their second half performance last night was some of the worst offensive basketball I've ever seen. Ming is struggling, and meeting O'Neal will only make his struggles worse.

4. Dallas -10 Washington

Dallas is playing much improved and is scoring like they did last year. This Texas trip brings Washington back down to earth. They got pummeled last night and have a very tough back-to-back against a more rested DAL team. I think Dallas kills them. Washington doesn't have anyone who can guard Nowitzki and they are down L. Hughes, who leads the league in steals (although Juan Dixon is not that bad).

5. Portland + 11 @ Sacramento

Portland has played well on its roadtrip, with a few tight losses. In their last something like 7 or 8 home games, Sacramento has beaten a team by more than 11 once, and that was Utah. SAC played yesterday in a tough one against LAC while POR hasn't played in a few and should be rested.

Bacchus
01-18-2005, 06:57 PM
I agree with Detroit and Washington. Washington got blown away last night--I was expecting a SA win, but not by 30 points. The loss of Hughes is big, and Dallas can score.

I know it's not NBA--but what do you think of Wake Forest at -7.5 tonight vs. Fl State? I'm taking Wake to cover.

01-18-2005, 09:20 PM
I don't really follow college close enough to bet on it. Generally I shy away from road favorites, but NCAA is not the same as NBA and the differences between teams are significant enough to justify some significant road favorites. Perhaps this is one of those circumstances.

01-18-2005, 11:04 PM
DET covers and half-court heave by R. Wallace with a second left. They should have won outright being up 8 in the 4th and 5 with 3 left, but ORL really shut them down down the stretch. Over was never in doubt.

Off to a good start in the DAL and IND/HOU games too.

01-18-2005, 11:54 PM
IND 86
HOU 74

This Dallas game is killing me. They had a 37 point lead. As I type they are up by 11 with 2 left. DAMN PUSSIES

01-19-2005, 12:04 AM
DAL 137
WAS 120

Whew.

01-19-2005, 01:42 AM
SAC wins by 6. 5-0 tonight. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

YTD (posted) 10-5.

CCx
01-19-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SAC wins by 6. 5-0 tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice night!

I hope you at least put a little money down on a 5-team parlay last night /images/graemlins/grin.gif